Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning guys and girls

Well, i hope your morning is better than mine!

so last night i was driving along, pulled into a service station for a coffee, and when i went to drive off..the car wouldn't start so i got it recovered home and plugged the laptop in, only to be supplied with a whole heap of fault codes.

it seems none of the subsystems of the ecu are communicating,no AC, no ABS/ESP, no injection of fuel and definitely no ignition!

earlier yesterday the car drove fine but of course it was heavily rainy in the south of UK and some unavoidable puddles the size of lake garda were driven through, i couldn't see the car being hydro-locked as it drove fine for hours afterwards.

This is so far beyond what i am confident of doing as i've no idea where to look to correct the issues?
short of spraying all the connectors i can access with wd40 (assuming it is an electrical gremlin that water has made) i don't know how to proceed...

Can anyone offer some suggestions please?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right...its definitely not looking promising!
the box that holds the ecu and other main connectors was dry and all the plugs in it were dry too,i sprayed them anyway just in case but i hasn't really achieved anything.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
did you check the bsi for signs of water, the bsi is the fuse box inside the car so also check the passenger foot well for water even lift the carpet to check for water

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh sorry! i assumed the BSI was an ecu,so it wouldve been in the front left of the car..ill go check that now, might aswell inspect the fuses too..
Thanks Jimmy!

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
oh sorry! i assumed the BSI was an ecu,so it wouldve been in the front left of the car..ill go check that now, might aswell inspect the fuses too..
Thanks Jimmy!
the bsi and ecu are 2 different thing, the bsi is the main brain that communicates with everything else, if it is water damaged i may be able to repair it for you

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
£25 to sort your bsi, the bsi will need reprogramming to the car, depending on how corrupt the software is on there i may or may not be able to extract the 4 digit pin, if it cant then you would need this in order to program the bsi back to the car (i can get these from vin too for £25)

the 307 is prone to let water in and go onto bsi

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ok that's not too bad...going from the first two images, ignition off, and secondly ignition on..would it be fair to assume the car isn't firing because the bsi isnt responding to the key/transponders unlock code?

OK SO HERE'S A LITTLE UPDATE;

i unplugged the bsi and worked it ouf of the caddy it was seated in, took it out of its plastic chassis and inspected it for any signs of misadventure.
Seemed perfectly fine and no signs of water residue etc, plugged it all back together and presto, the car fired and ran. So that's a relief. I really appreciate the help and patience you guys have shown me. Thank you!

now it seems the only issues are: an intermittent stop light that flashes up showing no brakes,tied to brake not working flashing up on the clock display and an ESP not working which is a bit of a non issue any way and may even be the culprit of last nights peugeot flavoured nightmare!

I'll have it back onto planet and see what problems i now face,hopefully the ecu's are all quite chatty with each other now so i can get a clue what's wrong.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
try a bsi reset

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes (at least), disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds (at least).
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (at least) (do not open doors.).
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition (position 2) and check system's functionality.
Within 10 seconds of turning on ignition to position 2 Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
Start the engine and complete the system's check.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the continued help.
Just done that, took it for a spin and now i'm down to the EML due to still not having had the (AWOL) dpf mapped out..everything is back to normal then!
Again, Thank you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts