Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That 42 miles is genuine. What possible reason would I have to fiddle it?
I managed 38 miles this morning on electric power only before the car switched to hybrid mode and the ICE fired up. it was a round trip, door to door. Temp was between 2-5°C. I didn’t use the heater or A/C (Costa coffee kept me warm enough). Stayed in D, only using B to slow when coasting to a stop wasn’t possible. Max speed was 40mph with some stopping and starting on mostly flat terrain.

I really do sympathise with those that are having problems but I find the car to be brilliant. The local dealer has been brilliant. It’s not been plain sailing and it’s had the 13 updates and then 2 further updates a couple of weeks ago. But, touch wood, its now all sorted.
Sorry, wasn't doubting your integrity at all. I'm just really very surprised at the figures. I can't get anywhere remotely close even at 15C and driving miss daisy. Many others here with similar issues but it's hard to say whether those of us with problems and short mileage are the minority or a majority?

Are you recording the mileage using the trip odometer and what does the car's histogram look like (electric button on the dash)? It should show just over 3 miles per kWhr or c. 0.35kWhr per mile. Can't recall which way around it all is.

I've not had the two further updates beyond the 13, so I wonder if this could be the reason? Seems that most of Peugeot's problems are in software (apart from my leaky pan roof... finally fixed after several attempts).

Genuinely interested to understand what's happening for those of us who get nowhere near 42miles per charge (several here saying low to mid 20s at 5C to 15C). I don't get anywhere close now. Started well after the updates. Now it is the same old story.

If I can find a once and for all fix or trick to get mid 20 something miles I'll keep the car. If not I've got an offer to give it back to ARVAL (my business's company car people) and order another car (not from Peugeot).

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are you recording the mileage using the trip odometer and what does the car's histogram look like (electric button on the dash)? It should show just over 3 miles per kWhr or c. 0.35kWhr per mile. Can't recall which way around it all is.
I think it’s around 3.7-4 miles/KWh. I’ll take a pic next time I do a range test. I zero the trip computer and drive till the ICE fires up. The 2 updates (of the updates) I had two weeks ago seem to have made a real difference. More so than after the first 13 updates.

I stress again though, EVERYTHING IS TURNED OFF and I press the accelerator as if there’s a grenade stuck under it when I do a range test. It’s the only way to achieve these figures. I don’t always drive like that and mostly get around 30 miles. One of my friends in another online group who has a Grandland X Hybrid4 managed 89km in 21°C temp in EV mode and another in the group managed 70km. Their cars use the same platform, have the same problems, the same 13 updates, etc…

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think it’s around 3.7-4 miles/KWh. I’ll take a pic next time I do a range test. I zero the trip computer and drive till the ICE fires up. The 2 updates (of the updates) I had two weeks ago seem to have made a real difference. More so than after the first 13 updates.

I stress again though, EVERYTHING IS TURNED OFF and I press the accelerator as if there’s a grenade stuck under it when I do a range test. It’s the only way to achieve these figures. I don’t always drive like that and mostly get around 30 miles. One of my friends in another online group who has a Grandland X Hybrid4 managed 89km in 21°C temp in EV mode and another in the group managed 70km. Their cars use the same platform, have the same problems, the same 13 updates, etc…
Thanks, that's really helpful.
I've got the aircon and everything else off apart from the radio. Have done the driving miss daisy bit the last 3 trips out. I couldn't say that I've driven like there's a grenade under the accelerator but have been on a light foot and keeping things in the eco zone.

Must be the latest two updates. How did you get them? Just wondering what I ask the dealer for.

If it is the two updates that make the difference then Peugeot failing to advise owners of such updates to allow the vehicle to their own as sold specification is pretty criminal in my book. Any reputation Peugeot had is currently being treated in the sewage works.

My worry here would be if the high ranges continue or start to fall off again. Have you noticed any issues?

Thanks again
Nick

·
Registered
112 Posts
Range test this morning, around the Cheshire plain. 43.5 miles till the ICE started. Max speed was 40mph, temp 6-8°C. Everything turned off, as usual.
Stopped as soon as the ICE fired up and although range still said 1 mile remaining, it changed to zero as soon as I pulled away.

F6060085-F133-4C5D-8427-DA2748FEBB95.jpeg 4DCA6192-AC62-41F7-8F4A-215155BBABA2.jpeg

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Range test this morning, around the Cheshire plain. 43.5 miles till the ICE started. Max speed was 40mph, temp 6-8°C. Everything turned off, as usual.
Stopped as soon as the ICE fired up and although range still said 1 mile remaining, it changed to zero as soon as I pulled away.

View attachment 93358 View attachment 93360
Dave, this is impressive. What were you getting before the last two updates?
If I could get over 30 miles per charge I would be very very happy.

I think I need to get these two updates ASAP.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

View attachment 93358 View attachment 93360
Just thinking, I wonder if there is something wrong with the histogram calculation? At 4.7 miles average per kWhr and a 13.2kWhr batter with at least 12kWhr accessible for drive train that puts the range at c. 54 miles. There's something not quite right with what Peugeot are doing here.

But the trip counter is the only sure way of knowing the range and you are getting 43. Which as I say it is impressive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah, about that... :)

IMG_1806.jpg
IMG_1798.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just thinking, I wonder if there is something wrong with the histogram calculation? At 4.7 miles average per kWhr and a 13.2kWhr batter with at least 12kWhr accessible for drive train that puts the range at c. 54 miles. There's something not quite right with what Peugeot are doing here.

But the trip counter is the only sure way of knowing the range and you are getting 43. Which as I say it is impressive.
I don’t think the histogram is at all accurate. Looking at the graph, it shows the blue areas for electric use but never, ever, ever shows any green areas for the regen. While there wasn’t that much regen on this run today, while on holiday last week, I descended a hill approaching Aberystwyth on the A44 from over 1300ft altitude to near sea level. Used B the whole way down, range went up 4 miles but no green on the histogram, at all.
Also, remember the ICE will fire up before the battery level reaches zero to protect it from complete discharge.

Before the last 2 updates, I was getting about 35 miles max. Then I lost EV mode again which is why I ended up tacking it back in. Since then it’s been faultless. My dealer service department is excellent. They just hook it up to their computer and if it needs an update, they do it. It’s actually got to go back in for a recall for some bracket at the rear in a few days and it wouldn’t surprise me if they check for updates then.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Histogram.
At speed 100 km/h: 22.9 kWh/100 km = 62 mi/h: 0.37 kWh/mi (is this the value of latest minute)
Histogram shows from 16 kWh to 30 kWh / 100 km, which looks correct to me.

Stat.jpg

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I don’t think the histogram is at all accurate. Looking at the graph, it shows the blue areas for electric use but never, ever, ever shows any green areas for the regen. While there wasn’t that much regen on this run today, while on holiday last week, I descended a hill approaching Aberystwyth on the A44 from over 1300ft altitude to near sea level. Used B the whole way down, range went up 4 miles but no green on the histogram, at all.
Also, remember the ICE will fire up before the battery level reaches zero to protect it from complete discharge.

Before the last 2 updates, I was getting about 35 miles max. Then I lost EV mode again which is why I ended up tacking it back in. Since then it’s been faultless. My dealer service department is excellent. They just hook it up to their computer and if it needs an update, they do it. It’s actually got to go back in for a recall for some bracket at the rear in a few days and it wouldn’t surprise me if they check for updates then.
Thanks, this is very helpful.

I've never seen any regeneration displayed on the histogram. I think I'm using the latest infotainment software. Updated it 3 months ago.

I think you're right, the histogram is inaccurate. Just been out earlier today for a drive and the trip counter registered just 14 miles until fully discharged from full (I tried the driving like there's a hand grenade under the accelerator pedal). But bizarrely the histogram suggested it should have been 25 or 26 miles (assuming a 12kWhr accessible battery of the c 13.2). This is either deliberately misleading from Peugeot (it really wouldn't surprise me), or, there is a substantial loss of power which isn't going to driving the wheels properly. Everything was switched off. Temp 7C. Average speed (most of the run) was 30 to 35mph.

Someone here did have a problem with one of the drive motors which seemed to have a problem and was, speculative, a source of resistance affecting the range. Weird though because things started off well post 13 updates but has gradually declined as it originally did.

There's something very wrong with it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
My Histogram.
At speed 100 km/h: 22.9 kWh/100 km = 62 mi/h: 0.37 kWh/mi (is this the value of latest minute)
Histogram shows from 16 kWh to 30 kWh / 100 km, which looks correct to me.

View attachment 93365
Yeh definitely looks correct to me. That's about 36 miles for a full charge.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks, this is very helpful.

I've never seen any regeneration displayed on the histogram. I think I'm using the latest infotainment software. Updated it 3 months ago.

I think you're right, the histogram is inaccurate. Just been out earlier today for a drive and the trip counter registered just 14 miles until fully discharged from full (I tried the driving like there's a hand grenade under the accelerator pedal). But bizarrely the histogram suggested it should have been 25 or 26 miles (assuming a 12kWhr accessible battery of the c 13.2). This is either deliberately misleading from Peugeot (it really wouldn't surprise me), or, there is a substantial loss of power which isn't going to driving the wheels properly. Everything was switched off. Temp 7C. Average speed (most of the run) was 30 to 35mph.

Someone here did have a problem with one of the drive motors which seemed to have a problem and was, speculative, a source of resistance affecting the range. Weird though because things started off well post 13 updates but has gradually declined as it originally did.

There's something very wrong with it.

No idea what it could be. But if you’re basically doing what I do but only get 14 miles, there’s something wrong. I hate to suggest you should give up, because when the car does what it’s supposed to do, it really is a brilliant, economical motor. I’ve just had a week in Wales and did 950 miles at just under 80mpg.
But if your dealer can’t find or solve the problem, maybe you should just hand it back.
In which town is your dealer? Can you go somewhere else? My dealer is brilliant, but there are maybe 4 alternative Peugeot franchises within 25 miles from me.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
No idea what it could be. But if you’re basically doing what I do but only get 14 miles, there’s something wrong. I hate to suggest you should give up, because when the car does what it’s supposed to do, it really is a brilliant, economical motor. I’ve just had a week in Wales and did 950 miles at just under 80mpg.
But if your dealer can’t find or solve the problem, maybe you should just hand it back.
In which town is your dealer? Can you go somewhere else? My dealer is brilliant, but there are maybe 4 alternative Peugeot franchises within 25 miles from me.
Dealer in Preston. Loathe to start this entire process again. My car was with them for two months previously with a whole lot of stress and backwards and forwards. Fixed, not fixed, fixed etc. I might give them a call this week and if they say ah yes the latest update will solve it then I'll take them up. But if I get the no idea or it's working fine and must be your driving shenninagans I'll just hand it back and go somewhere else that isn't Peugeot for my company car.
May be something deeper than a further software update as I've now lost EV mode twice with an ambient temperature warning message. Despite it being over 10C on both occasions. Perhaps more worryingly I now have a significant hesitation of about 2 seconds when setting off. I had this issue before the 13 updates but it seemed to go away. Now it's back and much worse. Pretty problematic when joining a roundabout or pulling out into busy traffic. There's no response at all no matter how much pressure I am applying. It's 2 secs, maybe longer.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Nick did you catch Dave saying hes had 15 updates not 13 ...

The 2 updates (of the updates) I had two weeks ago seem to have made a real difference. More so than after the first 13 updates.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Nick did you catch Dave saying hes had 15 updates not 13 ...
Yeh I did and I think it is either that or there's a fault with one of the motors or regeneration related components. Could be dragging if I can use the analogy.

If my dealer was like Dave's it wouldn't be so bad. But they had my car for over 2 months in 6 months. To the point where ARVAL refunded my company car allowance. They've been excellent.

I'll give the dealer a call this week. If it sounds overly painful yet again I'll give the car back. Swap to a Volvo or go back to Mercedes. Although I was even thinking of just giving up the whole electric thing and get a Dacia Duster AWD. With the money saved I could get a Rivian R1T or the SUV in 3 years.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeh I did and I think it is either that or there's a fault with one of the motors or regeneration related components. Could be dragging if I can use the analogy.

If my dealer was like Dave's it wouldn't be so bad. But they had my car for over 2 months in 6 months. To the point where ARVAL refunded my company car allowance. They've been excellent.

I'll give the dealer a call this week. If it sounds overly painful yet again I'll give the car back. Swap to a Volvo or go back to Mercedes. Although I was even thinking of just giving up the whole electric thing and get a Dacia Duster AWD. With the money saved I could get a Rivian R1T or the SUV in 3 years.

Hi Nick, did you ever speak to my dealer (Simon Bailes, Northallerton) I know it’s a bit of a drive for you but they are great family run business and will give you top quality service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi Nick, did you ever speak to my dealer (Simon Bailes, Northallerton) I know it’s a bit of a drive for you but they are great family run business and will give you top quality service.

I did originally and they were super helpful about the 13 updates. Way too far for me to travel to be honest but thanks anyways.

Went out earlier. Managed to get 16 miles. Way under what it should be. Not had chance to call my dealer yet. So busy with work I cant let this hassle and stress drag me down again. Hopefully they'll just say oh yes you just need x and in and out in a day or two. If not it will need to go back.

·
Registered
97 Posts

I’m not suggesting Peugeot app is crap but check this out. If it’s true I’m in worse state than Nick. Yes I did refresh it twice but haven’t checked car I’ve found if you set pre conditioning it updates better.

Ignore deferred charge because it was charging when I locked car plus it wouldn’t show 100%. It lies. On the other flip side have you all looked at all the other Hybrid forums (Volvo included) no one is really happy. We in a way chose to be the testing mules and we were brave/stupid. Let’s just crack on and help each other get sorted. If it wasn’t for us stupid few Britain wouldn’t be the country it is today. OK Peugeot are french but we all have to learn. I spent privately £41K and 1.6 GT would have cost me £36K. I’ve saved £800 in fuel since August and most my journeys are between 15-20 miles per day. When my 3008 GT Hybrid is on the motorway at 70mph obviously ACC cruise on it is so relaxing. The bad thing about PHEV is company car drivers who don’t charge them because they have to pay at home for electricity. Lots of cars handed back with cables in polythene bags unopened! CRAZY!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I’m not suggesting Peugeot app is crap but check this out. If it’s true I’m in worse state than Nick. Yes I did refresh it twice but haven’t checked car I’ve found if you set pre conditioning it updates better.

Ignore deferred charge because it was charging when I locked car plus it wouldn’t show 100%. It lies. On the other flip side have you all looked at all the other Hybrid forums (Volvo included) no one is really happy. We in a way chose to be the testing mules and we were brave/stupid. Let’s just crack on and help each other get sorted. If it wasn’t for us stupid few Britain wouldn’t be the country it is today. OK Peugeot are french but we all have to learn. I spent privately £41K and 1.6 GT would have cost me £36K. I’ve saved £800 in fuel since August and most my journeys are between 15-20 miles per day. When my 3008 GT Hybrid is on the motorway at 70mph obviously ACC cruise on it is so relaxing. The bad thing about PHEV is company car drivers who don’t charge them because they have to pay at home for electricity. Lots of cars handed back with cables in polythene bags unopened! CRAZY!

Sorry mate I don’t get angry often but when people buy PHEV for company car tax reasons but never plug them in it annoys me. Company fuel card but if you charge at home it’s your cost.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Sorry mate I don’t get angry often but when people buy PHEV for company car tax reasons but never plug them in it annoys me. Company fuel card but if you charge at home it’s your cost.

Yeh the app can be dodgy like that. But my range continues to fall on the car using the trip counter. Lost EV mode again earlier for about 5 minutes. Wouldn't enable when selected. No message about ambient conditions this time. 7 or 8C earlier.

I've checked out the other forums too. Issues for sure but generally speaking they seem to get sorted rather than recurring after so called fixes. I don't put ourselves into the early adopters category. PHEVs have been around for a while (Outlander etc) and this is not Peugeot's first hybrid. I certainly didn't believe I was taking a risk. Just trusted that a manufacturer couldnt get away with not meeting the spec or losing my car for over 2 months, 6 trips to the garage etc. all in 6 months.

What kind of trip counter range on a full charge are you getting at the moment?

The hesitation from standstill when setting off also seems to be getting worse. Just earlier I was pulling out into busy traffic, put my foot half way down on the accelerator and nothing. Nothing for about 2 to 3 seconds then full power electric shooting off. Wondering if one of motors is resisting. Doesn't matter how much I press the accelerator. Still the hesitation.

I agree with your point. No point having a PHEV if you don't plug it in. Carrying completely unnecessary weight. Circa 380kg on the hybrid4. Environment, air pollution affecting kids, and saving money in running costs. Plug it in. That's why this range issue is such a deal breaker for me. I get paid for all mileage in terms of energy costs irrespective of type. Not paying company car drivers for home electric use is daft. I wouldn't drive. I'd get the train which costs about as much as an all inclusive week long holiday in Benidorm these days if travelling from the North to anywhere near London or Bristol or Oxford in 1st class.

Happy days!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts