Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
The App does not show correct mileage at the end of charging.
At least that is the case with my car.

Temperature is now here about 3 degrees and my app shows 26 km but car shows 40 km.

·
Registered
112 Posts
"thanks for all the cheese" - What does that mean? o_O Merci pour le fromage?
It’s from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. In the book, mice are the most intelligent species in the galaxy, although humans are unaware of this and so stupidly kept giving them cheese, apparently...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Similarly the dolphins (the second most intelligent species) left a message for man (the third most intelligent) before they left Earth - "So long, and thanks for all the fish".

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The App does not show correct mileage at the end of charging.
At least that is the case with my car.

Temperature is now here about 3 degrees and my app shows 26 km but car shows 40 km.
Says the same on the dashboard. Is the same from the trip counter for a full charge. And is backed up by the energy histogram. Unfortunately. 13 software updates were only a temporary fix in my case by the look of it. Range performance has been gradually declining as it did originally. It has been 10 to 15C here. Should give me about 30 miles for my average speed of 30 to 40mph accordingly Peugeot's own speed, temperature, range table.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
It’s from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. In the book, mice are the most intelligent species in the galaxy, although humans are unaware of this and so stupidly kept giving them cheese, apparently...
Of course! Makes sense. One of those books on my extensive reading list. I've heard that Douglas Adams predicted several things about the future, and has been proven to be surprisingly accurate. Ipads and credit cards etc IIRC.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Says the same on the dashboard. Is the same from the trip counter for a full charge. And is backed up by the energy histogram. Unfortunately. 13 software updates were only a temporary fix in my case by the look of it. Range performance has been gradually declining as it did originally. It has been 10 to 15C here. Should give me about 30 miles for my average speed of 30 to 40mph accordingly Peugeot's own speed, temperature, range table.

Hi Nick

My experience now

Temp over 15c about 26 miles

Temp under 10c about 16-18 miles

If ICE starts on startup I change to EV and says it can’t due to Ambient temp. This usually sorts itself within a mile or so.

Do you charge at night on drive or during daylight?

I’ve noticed a big difference. 3 days ago on drive in sunshine with 17c I got 28 miles?

Once below 4c I got 17 miles.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Nick

My experience now

Temp over 15c about 26 miles

Temp under 10c about 16-18 miles

If ICE starts on startup I change to EV and says it can’t due to Ambient temp. This usually sorts itself within a mile or so.

Do you charge at night on drive or during daylight?

I’ve noticed a big difference. 3 days ago on drive in sunshine with 17c I got 28 miles?

Once below 4c I got 17 miles.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Mark. Only charging during the day.
I think there is an issue with EVs which means the battery will accept less charge when cold.
I'm really not sure Peugeot has fixed anything. Feels like a temporary fudge to get people off their back.

At 10C and 30mph you should be getting 29 miles. Or c. 25 if the aircon etc is on.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything ...

DONT DO IT MOD ... Nickc72 appreciates the humour.

Reactions: nickc72

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Learn how hot and cold temperatures affect your EVs range:
Link: Temperature Tool for EV Range | Geotab

Image of my Google-Sheest Range-calculator based on Geotab article. (Max range here 32 miles / 20 C)

View attachment 93329
No point. The photo in my post is the official range, temperature, speed table from Peugeot. Begrudgingly supplied to me when I was making a scene. If the car gets nowhere near Peugeot's own table provided by head office to their dealers then that's a pretty major issue I'd say.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything ...

View attachment 93331

DONT DO IT MOD ... Nickc72 appreciates the humour.
I've never had more than 33 which was right after the 13 sw updates. I can only dream of 42. For now I've got 12 to 14. Soon it'll be 9 again. Feeling like the depressed android. Perhaps Peugeot were banking on a maximum improbability drive to a mileage close to their official figures.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
What about Mr_Dave's picture is that made up, looks real with date and all ...

So hes on Apple and your Android software differences also, I would not put it past them to have buggy as hell software look how many android app updates had to happen to get that running right and its still a little out of sorts lol.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What about Mr_Dave's picture is that made up, looks real with date and all ...

So hes on Apple and your Android software differences also ?

View attachment 93352
Makes no sense to me but if there's some secret sauce that would be great to know. Temperature in the UK isn't over 15C so by Peugeot's own official figures (my pic earlier) 32 miles is the maximum at any optimal speed (interpolate the range between 10C and 20C).

·
Registered
112 Posts
That 42 miles is genuine. What possible reason would I have to fiddle it?
I managed 38 miles this morning on electric power only before the car switched to hybrid mode and the ICE fired up. it was a round trip, door to door. Temp was between 2-5°C. I didn’t use the heater or A/C (Costa coffee kept me warm enough). Stayed in D, only using B to slow when coasting to a stop wasn’t possible. Max speed was 40mph with some stopping and starting on mostly flat terrain.

I really do sympathise with those that are having problems but I find the car to be brilliant. The local dealer has been brilliant. It’s not been plain sailing and it’s had the 13 updates and then 2 further updates a couple of weeks ago. But, touch wood, its now all sorted.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts