Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I had my car on a hunter alignment machine.

No adjustments were done as i need to do a few repairs before it's set up.

I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions on the results?

Apparently they can only adjust the front toe due to the Peugeot set up??

Anyway, here's the pic

·
Registered
187 Posts
wouldn't knackered shock mounts and bearing throw the chamber out on the front and knackered wishbone joint or ball joints do the caster ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had new shocks including top mounts and top bearings within the last year.

Wishbones could be an issue, but the car drives perfectly straight and i don't have and noises or play in the fronts.

I only had the test done as i thought my rear tyres were running thin on the inside.

They seemed to think the rear camber results were ok.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I posted some info on david42's similar post, it shows the geometry for my old 307 (52 plate 2.0hdi 5 door hatch). I can get the same info for your car if it's different to mine if you need it
I did see the geometry you put up, but I really couldn't make any sense of it compared to my results?!?

So am I correct in assuming my lower suspension arms are causing the caster?

I'd really like to know if it's drastically out or not as the caster results are only just in the red?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
At the risk of throwing more info out there, I've attached some more info from Haynes Pro (again, based on my old 307 - yours could be different due to year, engine etc).

Taking your right front castor, you've got a result of 4 deg and 37min. Haynes tells me that my 307 should have a castor of 5deg 12min, plus or minus 30mins.

So, assuming your car is the same as mine (2.0hdi 5 door hatch, 2002 plate), the castor should just fall outside the +/-30min bracket. But we'd need to check your car specifically on Haynes rather than using mine as guide.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mines only the 1.4hdi, will I be able to find the spec in a Haynes?

Thank you for your help, i really appreciate it :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've spoken to a guy at revolution 247 today.

I've emailed him my results and he's going to make me a set of custom shims to make the rear 100% straight :) so I'm happy!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts