Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
have found out the passenger compartment humidity sensor is faulty but havnt been able to find out what it is or where its situated, or how ottest its operation once removed from vehicle.:confused:
thanks
mark

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I know on the Auto Climate Control on 307's the sensor is located behind the center console, on the right hand side (to the left of the steering wheel) there are a few small slots, it is behind there.

this maybe the same on a 407, as car manufactures tend to use the same techniques for money saving.

J

·
0 Posts
I believe I've read its to the left of the centre console, just above the glove box, on the shiny trim piece to the top right of the glove box - got about 3 slots an inch or so wide. How to remove, I have no idea.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jmkent said:
I believe I've read its to the left of the centre console, just above the glove box, on the shiny trim piece to the top right of the glove box - got about 3 slots an inch or so wide. How to remove, I have no idea.
thanks i will try to locate it.:thumb:

D

·
0 Posts
What is exactally wrong with car to make you think interior temp sensor is faulty? Have never replaced one since 407 came out!
Is there cold air coming out one air vent and hot air coming out of another vent when heating is on Max?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
huidity sensor

hi there
i have been informed by planet that the humidity sensor is faulty soihave no reason to doubt that it is kaput.
i admit i do have hot air from one vent and cold from another but i suspect thats due to broken flapon heater blower.
cheers
mark

D

·
0 Posts
Exactly. Broken flap. Could be playing havoc with the interior temp.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi david
will have to remove dash to try to fix heater,not really looking foreward to doing it though as cant find any info on stripping out dash.
but still need to know how to test humidity sensor for operation.
thanks
mark

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
managed to locate and get out, cleaned and replaced but still coming up as a fault on planet.
managed to get one from scrappys and now working fine.
thanks to everyone that helped with information its appreciated.
:thumb: :thumb:

C

·
0 Posts
Could you tell me how you removed the trim to reach the sensor I've got the same problem.

Cheers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to remove just gently pry the silver plastic trim above the glove box away and you will find humidity sensor attached to the rear of the trim.
mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts