Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ,
I have a Peugeot 407 2L HDI excecutive(Diesel) car.

I serviced the car last week but even before taking the car out from the garage , the mechanic rev up the car and it got revved so high and he had to switch off the keys to stop the revving and engine.
Now the car gives a huge miss with excessive white smoke from the exhaust when start. Now we cant drive the car due to the miss and fuel smoke. it seems only two injectors are working out of 4. but when mechanic check the injectors , they all work fine . but when he removes the no 3 and 4 injector connections, the engine stops. The engine is running even if we remove the no 1 and 2 injector connections. I contacted AA and they checked and advised it can be a problem with valve timing and need check the timing belt position. But the mechanic says if the valve timing goes wrong , none of the pistons should work. Can you please advice what do you suspect and let me know what to do?

Many thanks

Vas

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Sounds like you need to get yourself a new mechanic. You need to get it hooked up to planet and see what faults are logged and to read the live data when the engine is running on the two cylinders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts