Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of mine has gone so im looking at buying another. I bought a pair for my last 407 and had one fitted and it lasted a month before it was banging about again. The last one was just polyurethane with a metal insert so im avoiding these but i see there are now some with a metal outer sleeve. Anyone had any experience of these or can reccomend a particular one as dont want to be changing it after a month again.

Its these if your not sure what i mean

407 hub carrier bush | eBay

D

·
0 Posts
The only way these bushes will last is to fit the suspension housing with the bush already in it. They were not designed to be fitted seperately. Anyway these bushes don't fail with low mileage. Its always high mileage they fail at.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
5,087 Posts
can you buy the bush from peugeot David ??If yes any idea on price ?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah and my 407 is on 138K which is about when the last 407 ones went.

Problem with the housing is its £300. The bush just £25

·
5,087 Posts
trying to think what we used to use on the auld cortina's that used void bushes.
similar system in that the bush fits into the suspension and a bolt goes through the middle to hold it all together

·
5,087 Posts
comes with a 2 MONTH guarantee, not much that is it ????

Reactions: sebasteeno

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
My local dealer told me they are fitting bushes from a different car make to help customers fix their cars for reasonable money. Noone really wants to cash out for a completely new part due to the eccesive cost.

David: Why will it not last if you just change the bush? At least if you get a OE spec bush I can't see the difference.

D

·
0 Posts
The bushes you buy are designed to move for all the world up and down from their centre but the ones in the 407 also move from front to back as can be seen when they're fitted to the car. Its very hard to find a good bush that does both.

Sent from my GT-S5690

1 - 11 of 11 Posts