Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 308 thp 156 engine, in the morning the car starts fine for about 5 minutes but I can hear the engine knocking, after that when the engine is a little bit warm it starts shaking and misfiring with codes P1336, P1337, P1340
the car only 48000 KMs. is it a HPFP failure ?
I have diagnosed the car throw OBD2 scanner the fuel rail pressure when the car starts is around 48 - 50 bars but when it starts misfiring the fuel rail pressure drop bellow 30 bar.
I'm not sure what is going on and why it is working fine for a couple of minutes
could it be related to timing issue or VVT ?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
From what you have said, I would first be checking the fuel delivery supply pressure with an in-line gauge. If it is not steady, you will need to find out why... possible fuel pump failure, fuel filter blockage [if it has one] etc. and fix it before continuing on to see if it has solved the problem.

Dont try to investigate multiple possible faults at the same time, this will mostly lead to utter confusion. One thing at a time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think it has an external fuel filter I will change it since its cheap, then I will get a pressure gauge and see.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have this fuel rail pressure chart of the car. I left the car parked for 4 hours then started the car left it idling for 5 minutes then took it for a short drive. the weather was 25 degrees Celsius when I first started the car.
I have one more question the LTFT is 5% and the STFT while idling is around zero but when I rev the engine to 1500 the STFT jump to 20% and more and stays there, the timing advance is 30 degrees is it normal ?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts