·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Ive never driven a peugeot but i came across a good deal on a

2000 607 3.0 V6 SE

What are your comments about this car?

Ive heard they can have loads of electrical problems and isnt good after 100k.

THANKS TO ALL

·
Registered
862 Posts
Jeff08 said:
Hi All

2000 607 3.0 V6 SE

THANKS TO ALL

HI AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM :thumb:

Over a 100k things will start going wrong as they will on any make.Build quality and body work is generally ok,the electrics and the gear box/clutch can be problematic and they are expensive repairs,the best thing you could do is have the AA/RAC check it for you.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Jeff08 said:
Hi All

2000 607 3.0 V6 SE

THANKS TO ALL
Hi Jeff08.. Peugeots are lovely to drive.. however, stay away for the 3.0 otherwise you would spend more time at the filling station than actually driving the car..

I have a 2.2 HDi auto and it does 42 mpg and 38 mpg in the town.. Its not very hard to find good deals on a 607.. so if you are getting it cheap then I would check the following:-
When was the Cambelt changed?
When was the Particle Filter Services?
When was the Particle Filter Reservoir topped up?
Whats the service history like? contact the garage and ask them what service was carried out..

The electric are on it, sometimes the Anti pollution error and esp/asr could really do your head in..

Good Luck mate, any more questions dont hesitate to ask..

PS: Moose, well done bigman, you have done it again.. :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 607s are very nice cars indeed. Very rare site on our UK roads so they always get attention :D

Just look at all the usual things as they are modern cars. Test all the electrics, make sure everything works. See if the cambelt has been done etc etc

These cars are quite expensive so you can be assured they've not been owned by anybody unresponsible if your going to be the 2nd or 3rd owner like I am on mine! :)

Check tyres etc

I wouldn't worry about mileage, the big engines go on forever, the diesels have a belt AND chain driven timing system and the 3.0 V6 apparently is bullet proof.

Just check the electrics as said before, and make sure the auto box works like it should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts