Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone!

I am loving Peugeot's, I have been learning to drive in a gorgeous 306 Lx (although I think it's the GLX because driving instructor was saying it's a actually got all the adds on as it's a tester for the market before they brought out another one) So I am learning in a 306 1.6 LX Automatic, I find it so smooth and lovely to drive, and I am desperately searching for one of these for myself, as my 2nd test in next week, and I'm going to pass - should have passed in Nov before I done something wrong, but instructor says he doesn't want to see me again after my test cus I'm fine to be driving on my own etc!

Anyway, I hope to be a 'regular' here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
YipeeKiYay said:
Hi there everyone!

I am loving Peugeot's, I have been learning to drive in a gorgeous 306 Lx (although I think it's the GLX because driving instructor was saying it's a actually got all the adds on as it's a tester for the market before they brought out another one) So I am learning in a 306 1.6 LX AUTOMATIC, I find it so smooth and lovely to drive, and I am desperately searching for one of these for myself, as my 2nd test in next week, and I'm going to pass - should have passed in Nov before I done something wrong, but instructor says he doesn't want to see me again after my test cus I'm fine to be driving on my own etc!

Anyway, I hope to be a 'regular' here.
You do know that if you pass your test in an auto that you can only drive automatics.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
pug-306 said:
You do know that if you pass your test in an auto that you can only drive automatics.
Next you`ll be telling him that all other makes of cars have seats that sit further back and he won`t reach the pedals.:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Well slap me with a wet kipper never knew that, drove an auto once myself didn`t know you used the right for all and put my left foot on the brake , nearly went through the windscreen, wonder did his examiner told him about this.

G

·
RoSPA and IAM recommend you left foot brake in an auto (though it's a bloody unnatural feeling) to prevent the scenario where drivers jab the accelerator by mistake instead of the anks and go racing off through someones garden/house/bowling green/shop/bus shelter etc.

It also depends on the exact car as to whether you're stuck with an auto only licence - a lot of cars with an auto box where you can also snick the gears manually, like the pug 2 tronic, some alfas etc, will also entitle you to drive a manual car if you pass the test in one. DSA have a big list of models.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Btw, I am a girl lol.

Yes I know I can only drive an auto when I pass next week lol. But i tried manual couple years ago, and I couldn't get on with it, so I wasn't getting any enjoyment out of learning or driving, so rather than keep wasting my money on lessons which weren't going further forward I had a break and decided on auto, now Im loving it and can go from A - B easily without stalling lol. Both my parents have manual lisences and both now have autos, dad has a new landrover disco and mums husband has a smart audi a3 which he says when i got my licence i can have a go in! wooo!!! lol.

I hope I do pass next week, as i've found a pug close-ish to me, well the closest i can find one, and i've got insurance quotes and the 1.8 is cheaper than the 1.6 for somereason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.