Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I need to replace all the brakes on my car, long overdue.
I got all the parts a while ago, but when coming to fit the rears the disks were different to the ones that are on. Phoned up the parts place and they said there are some 'unusual' versions listed and my car must be one of these, but there are 2 versions and they can't tell from my reg number which ones i need.
The current solution is that they are giving me 2 full sets so that i can work out which ones i need and return the others. Is it possible to determine which ones i need to use so i don't have to trawl all the way back to the parts place once i've fitted the 'proper' ones?
Apparently the difference is in axle size as the ones i need include hub bearings, ABS sensor etc, which is a real pain compared to what i was hoping would be a simple disk and pad swap.

Car is 1.4 hdi 2005 (pre facelift)
Any help much appreciated.

cheers

·
5,027 Posts
vin number and a look on servicebox might solve your issue

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah ok, i've just registered, need to dash home, so i'll have a go at it later.
Much appreciate the pointer.

·
5,820 Posts
Try looking at discs listed on eurocarparts for your reg often in info/details they will give RP numbers which the discs relate to. and you can then check vehicle RP on sticker on drivers side A-pillar

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers windy, just looked on ecp and the rp numbers are the same for both types of disk. Typically the ones i need seem to be 4 times the price of the standard, whichever version i get!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok, picked up all the parts, the only difference between the two sets is the internal diameter of the bearing for different size axles, so i guess i'll just measure it when i take one side off.

Sorry to persist, but does anyone know the correct torque setting to tighten this up to when i put the new hubs on?

Again details are
2005 307 hdi rear wheel disk/hub

many thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts