Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The system's pressure is below the threshold so the pressure switch protection kicks in and prevents AC compressor from starting.

I guess in order to successfully fill the system DIY way, you need to start the compressor?
As the pressure switch is very conveniently located, how to trick it to normal pressure environment? The switch has 3 wires: power, signal and earth and sends its signal to the ECU.
So how to short the switch if possible?

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you gonna do it yourself and have a DIY kit then all you need to do is to connect it to the lowpressure side of the pipes.
As soon as you pressurise that side the compressor will engage the clutch.

So really no reason to fiddle with electronics.....

And since it reads the pressure and it´s value it´s a variabel resistor so can´t just go about shorting pins and soo on.... :eek:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to check that, but if it's on the high pressure side, would the fill up on the low pressure side rise the pressure enough in the hp side to trigger the switch?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have to check that, but if it's on the high pressure side, would the fill up on the low pressure side rise the pressure enough in the hp side to trigger the switch?
Since i don´t know what car, what climate controls (Auto, manual) and so on it´s hard for us on here to help....

But the thing is that all the kit´s sold on as DIY kits are made to go on the lowpressure side of things since you don´t want the 15 -20 bars on the highpressure side to blow the can in your hand...

So yes... start your car put it on AC.. full speed on fans... and low on the temp.
Once you connect to the low pressure side the compressorclutch will engage....

If this it not the case.... then you have to put it on Diagnostics to check what
is preventing it from starting. (Fan blower resistor... relay problems...wiring and so on)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts