Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This How To has been made for all those 307 drivers on the forum who keep asking “Can I fit cruise on my car?”. It seems that some 307's can be fitted with cruise very quickly and cheaply and others need extra switches on the passenger brake arm and the odd few just can't have it due to ECU types.

This procedure was done on a 2002 307 2.0Hdi 110 Rapier fitted with Bosch ECU and the dual switches as standard. The type of cruise stalk used on this model is the non-limiter version part No: 6242 Z9. Some 307's come with a single switch with 4 wires which is the more modern version and is ok for the conversion as long as your ECU can take cruise. If your 307 only has a single switch with 2 wires then you will need additional parts to make this work which is not covered here so sorry.

Big thanks to m3mpower from whom I purchased my cruise control stalk and thanks also to offline for the extra info I needed on the configurations in the ECU. Thanks both, this How To is all thanks to you :)

Please note that during this installation the original COM2000 unit was replaced (as I broke the wiper ribbon cable on fitting the trip computer) and so the steering wheel and airbag had to be removed. For safety reasons the battery was disconnected. There is NO reason to remove the steering wheel to retro fit cruise control or disconnect the battery.

Also to be noted is that early 307's like mine will NOT display any cruise information on the dash or MFD in the console. This is normal. You may be lucky though and you may get “Cc xxxxx” displayed in the digital odo screen, but most pre 2005 will not.

Tools required.
Electrical flat head screwdriver
Torq 20 driver
Junior hacksaw
Stanley Knife
Small flat needle file
Small ruler
Black thin tip marker pen
PP2000 5.02 or above

Other tools required.
First aid kit as you are bound to cut or bash yourself!
Mug of tea or coffee with a nip of whisky - don't drive afterwards.

*DISCLAIMER - This modification, if carried out is the of responsibility of those carrying it out, not that of myself (the author) or peugeotforums.com*

Video Tutorial Here – The video is 7 minutes long

Assumptions have been made that you have checked your car to ensure you have the right switches, your ECU can accept the cruise upgrade and you have the right cruise stalk. Listed and pictured below is the detail on my 307 for the switches. You must check this before you purchase or make any changes so you don't waste your time and money or damage your car!

1. Locate the cover on the passenger foot well and pull it back to show the brake arm and switch mount plate. This is my switch assembly with dual switches and is ok to be fitted with cruise. If you have a single switch with 4 wires you will also be ok. If you have a single switch with 2 wires then DO NOT proceed any further. You need an extra switch and your ECU may also not be programmed for cruise;

2. Ensure the key is out of the ignition please :). With your T20 driver remove the two retaining screws from the lower column shroud. Then pull up the top cover and then remove the lower shroud and then the top cover;

3. Locate the blanking plate on the lower left side and release the lug on the back and pull it out. Take your cruise stalk and locate it in the fitting lugs and push firmly into place until you hear it click and lock.

4. Now you need to CUT your lower shroud! Be careful, measure 3 times and cut once as the shroud is £40 to replace. Duplicate the cut out from the right side for the radio stalk and use the hacksaw for the main cuts and then the needle file to make nice and smooth. Best bet is if you are unsure that you make it a little too small and you can use the Stanley knife to make it bigger if needed. Mine is slightly too big but you can't see it from the passenger side.

5. Refit the top cover and then the lower shroud and tighten up your T20 screws but not too tight or they will go straight through the soft plastic and it will rattle like a coin on a tin plate and drive you mad!

6. Plug in PP2000 and let it interface with the car. Select Test by ECU and select Engine ECU. Then Configuration and then Cruise Control. It will display “Absent”. Change it to display Present and accept the configuration changes;

7. Now back out and select Test by ECU and select BSI then Configuration, Customer Options, Misc and then Presence of Cruise Control. Change this to present and accept the configuration changes.

7.1 If your ECU configurations show anything other than what is described above and shown in the video clip, then it will be hit and miss if it will work as your ECU may just not be compatible or you have the wrong cruise stalk for your car installed i.e. speed limiter type.

8. End PP2000, disconnect it and remove the key from the ignition. Replace the diag cover and take 5 mins for a cuppa or a fag break or even both :).

9. Now start the car and go for a drive. Cruise will activate if it has all been configured correctly and the parts are correct and your ECU will take the config. Cruise will only activate above 35 Mph and in 4th (on mine anyway) when you get to 35 Mph in 4th gear and you turn the knob to “on” and then press the “Set +” button. Let the accelerator go and you should be going at the same speed.

There you go all done. Have a play and get use to it and just be careful.

Many thanks and I hope this helps a lot of people out.

PB

R

·
0 Posts
great how to bud your a natural.got one of them voices that is easy to understand..i think as there are alot of newbies with planet you should do some basic how toos to show how to diagnose ya car and how to use planet.how to read live data ect ect would be useful for newbies save them pressing somthing they dont know and ending up with a none starter lol..plus it will give ya somthing to do and keep ya mind busy..nice one m8 well done.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great how to bud your a natural.got one of them voices that is easy to understand..i think as there are alot of newbies with planet you should do some basic how toos to show how to diagnose ya car and how to use planet.how to read live data ect ect would be useful for newbies save them pressing somthing they dont know and ending up with a none starter lol..plus it will give ya somthing to do and keep ya mind busy..nice one m8 well done.
Hi Rog,

Sounds like a plan. I'll have a look at doing a basic "How To run diagnostics and get Fault Codes" next week maybe. I'll also have a nose at planet when ive got some time and see what other simple bits I can do for the budding new guys and girls.

Glad you like it fella :)

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
cant find the switch cruisecontrol

can someone help me. i tryed to look for the 2 switch or the 1 switch with four cable, but nothing. i made some pictures, can someone look at the pictures

S

·
0 Posts
Eskobarnas

Step 1 above, read the very first sentence...

1. Locate the cover on the passenger foot well and pull it back to show the brake arm and switch mount plate

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for the great how to!

I've fitted cruise control to my 54 307 SW 1.6HDi and it works perfectly. The only thing that confused me was in PP there are 4 (or 5) different options under cruise control, I selected variant B and it worked.

I bought a stalk which had the speed limiter function on it (which doesn't work) but the cruise control does, when I switch the cruise control on my milage counter changes to "Cc 40" and then underneath is says off.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The above photos don't appear to be working, have they gone or is it my computer?

I can't seem to locate the sensors or cables from the brake pedal!?

·
Registered
21 Posts
it's very simple.
Look on the passenger side, not where the pedals are..
Look under the glovebox, remove the cover and you will see the switch there:nod:
I couldn't wait, I went and checked... Looks like I have a single sensor with 4 wires. I am guessing I can't fit cruise control. :(

·
Registered
857 Posts
Just read again, can someone advise the stalk I would require. Will it be the non-limiter or limiter version?!
It doesn't matter, you can get either one.
The one with speed limiter will work on cruise but not on limiter.
But first, you should check the configuration on your BSI and ECU, see if you can enable cruise there

·
Registered
21 Posts
It doesn't matter, you can get either one.
The one with speed limiter will work on cruise but not on limiter.
But first, you should check the configuration on your BSI and ECU, see if you can enable cruise there
Great thanks, I guess it is a case of checking the BSI and ECU from a fellow member first then?

Can the cruise control be added on BSI and ECU then cruise installed at a later date or do I need to install first before I activate?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts