Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, grateful if someone tells me how to reset ECU in a 2005 automatic Peugeot 206 (petrol 1.4). I recently changed ATF but still shows "*S" warning and goes to slow gear while driving immediately after start at the morning. However, if I wait for some time, it will not come. Regards

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Did you use the correct fluid Esso/Mobil LT 71141? No other fluid should be used.

If you mean the Oil Wear warning, it is reset using Peugeot Planet 2000 diagnostic equipment. (Laptop, software and special Lexia 3 interface). See here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ian, thanks for reply. I used VAICO ATF longlife (v60-0007) which was recommended by the spare parts dealer of European cars here in Bahrain. Was it ok for Peugeot?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
No, only the LT71141 is suitable for the AL4 transmission. It is not the same as other Peugeot transmissions.

You need to drain, flush with 71141 (because you cannot drain the torque converter) and then refill with fresh 71141.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.