Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I was wondering if anyone could help. Is anyone able to adivise me how to manually reset the ecu on 307 (2002) 2ltr hdi 90bhp back to factory settings so I can clear any logged fault codes.

Also after having new pads and discs fitted all round I now have the abs fault light comming on everyone now and then. Before pads and discs were changed I didnt have this fault light showing. Can anyone advise what may of happened before I take it back to the garage to get them to look at it. Thanking you all in advance

kind regards

Danylar

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
If the wiring off the abs sensor looks ok, its not been damaged, it may be swarf on the sensor itself closing the airgap between it and the wheel bearing. It could also just be coincidence a sensor has jacked in. You will need pp2000 or diagbox to clear fault codes and find which sensor is faulty. I was quoted £45 for 407 abs sensor today at peugeot, but they are on fleabay for £18.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi Danylar, i'm guessing your abs fault is not an air gap that is too small,but too large,you need to connect it to pp-2000 to see which one is the offender then take the wheel off,shine a torch up behind the hub and check the sensor gap,your looking for a gap of about 1.5mm,chances are that when the new discs and pads were replaced they may have removed the sensors then when they put it all be together the gap had increased.so again take the offending wheel off,clean the brass hub ring of road grime with a rag and some carb or brake cleaner ,also clean the senson,close the air gap alittle and the fault code will clear itself.hope this helps. :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts