Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently bought a 1994 Pug 205 1.8 diesel Mardi Gras which only came with one key and no remote key fob. Unfortunately I managed to run the battery flat today and an immobilser has kicked in and I cannot start the car (I did not know it even had an immobiliser!)

Is there anyway to easily bypass the system and get the car running again or will I have to go to the main dealer which I guess will be very expensive?

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
862 Posts
exciton said:
Hi All,

I recently bought a 1994 Pug 205 1.8 diesel Mardi Gras which only came with one key and no remote key fob. Unfortunately I managed to run the battery flat today and an immobilser has kicked in and I cannot start the car (I did not know it even had an immobiliser!)

Is there anyway to easily bypass the system and get the car running again or will I have to go to the main dealer which I guess will be very expensive?

Cheers
Mark

Hi and welcome to here :thumb:

The 205 doesnt have an immobilser. Check the earth on the negative and make sure it is secure. then its the usual suspects of starter motor,and the solenoid. If there is no sign of life from the solenoid once it is getting some power you can try and 'shock' it by tapping with a hammer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I called the dealer today who confirmed that there was no immobiliser on my car - the manual suggeste that there 'might' have been as an optional extra. Anyway, the AA and I managed to find an aftermarket system hidden underneath the dash and managed to bypass that so all is now working!

Thanks again,

Mark

·
Registered
256 Posts
was just about the mention about the aftermarket immobiliser but you seem to have sorted it out. I can get you some keys for the aftermarket system if you can tell me the make and model?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the offer but the box was literarally a black box! No make, no model - nothing. I guess the labels must have come off in the dim and distant past. Anyway, I have thrown it away now as I assumed it was useless and may just fit a 'kill switch' for when I leave the car for extended periods in dodgy area!

Thanks again,

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somehow I don't think I will be as there are lots of other ominous clunks , bangs and squeaks coming from the beast!

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts