Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some numbskull has clearly pulled out of a parking space and pushed in our shiny black plastic rear bumper.

It's not huge (probably 8-10 inches around the right rear parking sensor), it hasn't even scratched much but it has slightly deformed the profile so the reflections off the shiny surface make it obvious to see it isn't right.

Is there ANY kind of way of fixing these things short of pro help? It's not a huge issue but it's our pride and joy and some c### has done this

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have repaired my wifes 206 bumper with the heat of a soldering iron...that was a small gouge though.

I have found these for you that you may find of help:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dent+in+plastic+bumper+repair

Hope you get it sorted.

Al. :thumb:
Thanks very much for the reply, yes I've checked out the videos beforehand

It's not as bad as some of those show in the videos, but it's complicated by the fact it's around the area of the right rear proximity sensor, so heating it really isn't an option.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about posting a couple of photos of the damage so we can have a look at the problem? :thumb:
Very difficult because it isn't a conventional dent or scratch. The plastic bumper has been slightly 'deformed' meaning the profile of it has been slightly flattened so reflections aren't the same as the other side. I will try.

If you can imagine a pristine shiny black plastic bumper that has been slightly melted over a patch about ten inches long and the height of the bumper (so about 5 inches) that's what it looks like.

It's by no means terrible but it's very very annoying

If you could get inside the bumper (which you can't) and soften it enough to push it from behind back into place it would probably be fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts