Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 307 hdi 2lt. I've search and found no answer, as mine rattle when the door is closed and make it sound cheap, I thought is was something inside, but it's the bump strips. Any one found the way to remove them without breaking/scratching things? As my Peugeot Service Box doesn't show the removal procedure.

Cheers George

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's a keyhole slot kinda deal IIRC- there's a tab to release then the trim slide fore or aft a bit and lifts off. Don't ask me where exactly the locking tab is tho...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a keyhole slot kinda deal IIRC- there's a tab to release then the trim slide fore or aft a bit and lifts off. Don't ask me where exactly the locking tab is tho...
Your the man DP. You saved me buggering it up.
There's a little lock tab on the first hook very hard to make out, that needs to be pressed away from the car, this unlocks the first hook, then you can slide the whole bump trim towards you about 5mm to 6mm this inturn then unlocks all the hooks down the line and it falls off.
It would be very easy to brake the hooks if it's not slid the 5mm, and the cost of news one, I would hate to think.
Now all I have to do is to put small strips of self adheasive sponge at different points to take the rattle out of it, shuts like a Merc door now without it on.

Thanks again
Cheers George

1 - 3 of 3 Posts