Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
407sw 2.0 petrol.

Hi, does anyone know how to remove the drivers side footwell trim underneath the pedals, to gain access to the electrics (it was suggested to me to give the connectors a spray).

I have removed the screw/pop thing. Directly underneath the accelerator pedal there is a black plastic rectangle thing (holding the trim in place), does this just pull off? I'm a little hesitant to try to force it.

Also, is there a technique for replacing the screw/pop thing, It doesn't seem to want to fit anymore.

Many thanks for any help. Please forgive my complete ignorance!

·
Registered
119 Posts
407sw 2.0 petrol.

Hi, does anyone know how to remove the drivers side footwell trim underneath the pedals, to gain access to the electrics (it was suggested to me to give the connectors a spray).

I have removed the screw/pop thing. Directly underneath the accelerator pedal there is a black plastic rectangle thing (holding the trim in place), does this just pull off? I'm a little hesitant to try to force it.

Also, is there a technique for replacing the screw/pop thing, It doesn't seem to want to fit anymore.

Many thanks for any help. Please forgive my complete ignorance!
why would you want to give the connectors a spray

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an issue with the climate control panel on my 407 sw petrol 2008. Occasionally, all of the controls on the entire panel just stop working; temperature control, fan, front/rear windscreen de-misters, everything. It doesn't die mid-journey, just at the ignition stage, basically every trip is a lottery as to whether the system will work.

So, it was suggested to me to check/spray the connectors under the pedals.

Any other suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated, or if anyone else experienced this issue it would be good to know how they sorted it out.

Many thanks.

·
5,087 Posts
sounds like a loose connection alright BUT have you tried taking the radio out and checking all plugs are fully pressed home on the console ???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, that was my first thought, but i wasnt quite sure how to get at it, then someone suggested to me that i should check the wiring under the pedals

is it relatively easy to take off the radio panel?

thanks.

·
5,087 Posts
simple answer is yes.if you have t10 torx bit, look at the front of your radio and you should see a hole on either side, just use a t10 bit and unscrew these and the radio pops out, also gives access to the climate panel and mfd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I've accessed the climate control panel, and sprayed all the connections, fingers crossed it has done the job! Only time will tell, as the failures were quite sporadic.

Thanks for all the help. :thumb:

Out of interest, if I should later need to access the electrics under the accelerator pedal, does the black plastic cover (mentioned in my OP) just pull of?

·
5,087 Posts
no idea, i'll try and have a look at mine tomorrow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts