Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
You need the plastic trim removal lever tools.

Insert the tool along each rear side edge in turn of that gear surround panel & it will unclip.

Be warned the metal clips are very strong!

I've removed that gear surround panel on my 308 before.

Are you fitting genuine heated seat kit OR aftermarket?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are aftermarket one both on ebay and just wanted to give it ago. Thank you for that but do you know where I can also find a manual with these type of instruction ? Or anything like a guide ?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Peugeot Service Box should have the required information.

You would need to sign up as an independent operator to gain access - parts information is available free.

Repair information is chargeable, you would have to purchase subscription access.

Maybe an hour or even a days paid access would allow you enough time to find & screen shot all the info you need.

I have a Waeco MSH 300 seat heating kit to fit to my 308 when I get some free time.

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's better to open that compartment and just push between using plastic trim.

For the manuals, you can register on service box, enter your VIN and buy subscription for documentation. You can save as PDF for later use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the Besong universal car seat heater. Thank you for all the information and when you do yours if you have time can you make a video and post the link here so I can the follow some steps of yours.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am also interested in this since as far as I know, Peugeot glues the fabric and it can not be removed, unless something changed in the newer models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I see, I didn't know they glue it, if things come to that then I will just think of something and update you on it

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I am also interested in this since as far as I know, Peugeot glues the fabric and it can not be removed, unless something changed in the newer models.
I've had both 405 & 206 seats apart in the past.

The outer fabric / leather cover is stuck to a inner liner & this liner has hidden metal rods inserted & is held on to the seat cushions which has moulded in metal rods with small brass clips.

Carefully remove these small metal clips using pliers, use cable ties to replace the clips on reassembly.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Not had a 308 seat apart yet.

I did hear / see somewhere zips mentioned on 308 T9 front seat covers due to there popularity with the Police forces.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well, you might want to check if this is still the case. I know it was the case with my 307, I didn't check is it the same with 308 T9.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There are small brass loop clips that attach the metal rods in the seat material backing cloth to the metal rods moulded in to the cushion.

You carefully open up the metal clips with some needle nose pliers to release the seat material from all the fastening points - use cable ties to replace the brass clips on reassembly.

Where the gaps are in the cushion you can just make out the attachment points.

Cushion.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi guys just a quick update, installed the heated pads and they work great. The seats were a bit tricky but I got the fitted in the end, Mr Lee as you described the seats before it was just like that.
Just be careful when doing it and yes I can confirm it is time consuming and you will need two people and all day for a first timer.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts