Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem is, the heater/blower stopped working due to the wires on the resister plug burning together & melting the plug. I have removed the motor & resister but cannot get to the plug as it is only on short wires. The guy at the Peugeot garage told me to access it through the clock but how is this removed. I then need to buy a replcement harness which Peugeot have quoted £102.00 (which seems a bit steep. Also on the resister I can see where the plug & wires had burned onto two of the pins. This looks like it could clean up or would this be damaged and have to be replaced at a cost of £52.00.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
if you mean the clock on the top of the dash, this is removed by pushing the top of the front up, rear comes last.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
clock removed

:) Thanks for that John, the clock is now removed and the wires and plug are now accessable. Can you reccommend anywhere to buy the blower/fan resister & repair harness from.
Thanks, Mick

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
glad to hear it, sounds like a dealer job, but another good place to look is the local scrappy, to see if they have any 307s, that you can salvage a harness for...failing that unipart, andrew page, and other motor factors in the local area...or fleabay

as for the resistor, is it a soldered in one or a plug in one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts