Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried to do this, and yes, I do know it is risky to muck around with the seatbelts, but I am tight, poor, and don't really want to stump up a lot of money for a replacement.

And to go along with this, anyone know how to remove the centre pillar clothy type thing that the belt runs in behind?

Thanks.

·
5,070 Posts
Drivers seatbelt slow to return ???? Been there tried that .....failed
if you have any success let me know how

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not sounding too good with this motor and its various little issues i must say.

On the plus side it gives you something to play with

J

·
0 Posts
Assuming they work on a spring type principle, I can't see how you can tighten it up once been 'stretched'

D

·
0 Posts
Drivers seatbelt slow to return ???? Been there tried that .....failed
if you have any success let me know how
Spray the belt with silicone spray. Works a treat on the slowest to return belts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had to change the front seat belts after the pre-tensioners were fired upon (a small) impact. It's not too difficult but it is a pain to do.

Make sure you've disconnected the battery following the correct procedure and left it for half an hour to discharge the system.

If I recall correctly, the pillar cover is clipped in so you just have to pry it off. I have a 3-door so may be different if you have a 5-door.

Also, be careful with the height adjuster at the top of the pillar. I managed to break both sides when I did mine so now they're stuck in the highest position. If you do break it then you can always adjust the height before putting the cover back on.

·
5,070 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Not sounding too good with this motor and its various little issues i must say.

On the plus side it gives you something to play with
LOL. Hey, if it was perfect, what else would I have to talk about here.

but yes, lots of issues, chopper need not reply here, but I think it needs to be sprayed a yellowy fruity colour :)

Needs a driveshaft oil seal, two front brake hoses, coolant hose into the heater matrix, timing belt kit and alternator belt.
I kinda factor in £500 - £1000 extra to fix faults after buying a car, and this one is no different.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I would love to know the answer to this question too, im greatly annoyed by getting all tangled up in my seatbelt when i take it off and try to step out of the car.

I swear one of these days i might hang myself accidentaly on it. Is it worth getting new one, or maybe just get it from scrapheap?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts