Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 206 1999 1.4 8V Petrol. My car doesn't have A/C and i want to install one does anyone have done this so far and is it complicated or not garages charge too much so i want to do it my self.

Can anyone help in this area?

·
3,760 Posts
I nearly tried that on a old mk2 shogun back in the day but once I compered the fitting/wiring/switches...heater box, pipe work.. compressor mount I decided it was a bridge too far...perhaps it will be safer to p/ex yours for one with more toys...good luck tho

ps..buy a donor car and swap the bits over.....

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
pointless exercise if you ask me would be easier just to buy 1 with A/C

Dash out to change heater case wiring different BSI programming different etc etc

Not saying it cant be done but its simply not worth the aggro.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm just trying to get mine to work on my Seat Leon and think that its a flap motor u/s. Up to now what an absolute nightmare :eek: - car built around the heater matrix etc as per most cars :rolleyes:
Just buy one with a system that works but don't be fobbed of with the " just needs a re-gas" as if that's all it needs why haven't they done it :nod:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i was thinking of doing that and i was wondering if someone can give some info about wiring schematics the mechanical stuff it is not a problem i`m trying to fit in my car A/C that has came out of a 206 same model and engine but i don`t know much of electrics so...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts