Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nice one Martin...:cool:
Thats what you call multitasking with using the camera and fitting the trip controller at the one time..:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Two questions,

1) Is there any way of knowing whether my Partner has this facility before acquiring the stalk end? It's a 2004 HDi model. It has the MFD in the centre of the dash and I have already retro fitted cruise control.

2) Anyone in the Devon area with Planet who would be able to enable it for me, if it can be done, for a small consideration of course !!!

Thanks

Col

·
Registered
134 Posts
ends

betty.

how much did you pay for the trip end from the comms???
reason i ask is i have about 6 of them??
hmmm,wonder what they worth,,,ebaaaaayyyy..lol :)
coco i'm sure you'll be ok to fit it.
toddy

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
toddy2 said:
betty.

how much did you pay for the trip end from the comms???
reason i ask is i have about 6 of them??
hmmm,wonder what they worth,,,ebaaaaayyyy..lol :)
coco i'm sure you'll be ok to fit it.
toddy
Selling it on behalf of a friend but it was whole comm unit took end off and sold it to zoo for a tenner , mate now wants a tenner for whats left (ffont fog light switch)
if zoo gets his working you can knock them out no probs.:thumb:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Took the end off mine tonight and it is connected down the stalk with a ribbon. I take it that if this is going to work at all with mine, then I need to replace the whole stalk assembly?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Coco said:
Took the end off mine tonight and it is connected down the stalk with a ribbon. I take it that if this is going to work at all with mine, then I need to replace the whole stalk assembly?
No if "cck2k9" gets his working then you only need the actual button on the very end , use a sharp knife or fine screwdriver to pop it off (mind the fingers)

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Took the time to go to the main dealer today and have a chat with a Peugeot Tech.

He reckons that it's quite likely that my BSI wasn't loaded with the necessary software at the factory and thus it cannot be enabled = needless to say he couldn't be sure without connecting up to Planet first.......at a charge. He also said that I might need to replace my MFD, sooooo it looks like I won't be going any further at the moment. It was worth a try though...

Col

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Coco said:
Took the time to go to the main dealer today and have a chat with a Peugeot Tech.

He reckons that it's quite likely that my BSI wasn't loaded with the necessary software at the factory and thus it cannot be enabled = needless to say he couldn't be sure without connecting up to Planet first.......at a charge. He also said that I might need to replace my MFD, sooooo it looks like I won't be going any further at the moment. It was worth a try though...

Col
I would say you can . Anybody near you from this site ? plugged into planet you would know in 30 seconds.

cck2k9 got his going.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Unfortunately nobody around here with Planet.

I just ran it through Servicebox and it says for the Cruise Control "Without speed control", but I bought the switch and had it enabled. However, for the onboard computer it says "No computer" this might signify that the Techy was right and it simply doesn't exist on my BSI.

Unless I can get Peugeot to check it for free for me I think I'll have to sit this one out.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Coco said:
Unfortunately nobody around here with Planet.

I just ran it through Servicebox and it says for the Cruise Control "Without speed control", but I bought the switch and had it enabled. However, for the onboard computer it says "No computer" this might signify that the Techy was right and it simply doesn't exist on my BSI.

Unless I can get Peugeot to check it for free for me I think I'll have to sit this one out.
No computer means no trip computer enabled .

Maybe get yourself a Planet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bit of a daft question coming up but....

What is the name of the part im looking for on the end of the stalk to fit the trip computer?

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MattPug307 said:
Bit of a daft question coming up but....

What is the name of the part im looking for on the end of the stalk to fit the trip computer?

Cheers

Matt
No idea but someone on here has a few of them but i can`t remember which thread it was on , try posting in the looking for thread.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
i might have to get my hand into that cookie jar, get a spare and that...

are the clips on the end good, ie more than 2 left on them?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts