Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a front impact in my 307 only the seatbelt retentionors worked no airbags deployed so i got 2 seat belts from a breaker yard and changed them my self,airbag light still on so i read about airbag ecu which is under the cup holder in the centre console when you lift the cup holder you can see your airbag ecu so i got an airbag ecu from the breaker off a 51 plate mines is an 04 i got an airbag ecu for 20 pounds from a breakers yard came home unplugged the battery took the centre console out abit its only 5 screws 2 at ashtray 1 in centre console in the hole bit for spare change fitted the new ecu from the breakers and plugged my battery in put my lights on to wake the bsi and started the car and (AIRBAG LIGHT GONE)and peugeot wanted 600 pound to do this a pure rip off im no mechanic but hey 2 garages couldnt get the light off and a noob did yeha,if you had an accident do what i did it works and saves the 6,7 hundred peugeot wanted if you cant do it ur self show your garage this,

G

·
0 Posts
Also, if you can't get to a scrapyard then you can send your old airbag ECU to a seller on eBay and it can be reset for you, about £30.

This procedure cannot be done using Planet.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Also, if you can't get to a scrapyard then you can send your old airbag ECU to a seller on eBay and it can be reset for you, about £30.

This procedure cannot be done using Planet.
Yes that is correct because the accelerometer built into the ECU has physically been triggered. Please note that this solution is only for vehicles that have been in a collision, the cause of most airbag lights is not the ECU and codes quite often have to be read to determine the cause.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts