Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the pics of the heater blower on a 307 with climate control. ie digital temp display.

i will show how its fitted later

this is the back of the fan unit. as you can see theres 2 connectors. one with 2 prongs is the power and the other is the resistor. the heater has a number 2 on the back so you know what it is :D

to undo the unit you unscrew the golf screw shown in the above picture. its a torx screw so a torx set would be handy.

once this is off the heater will come apart. sometimes these can be tight you just want to pull the motor away from the casing

once apart this is how the casing looks

the metal part is the resistor. this is held by 2 more torx screws

once these are off pull it away from the casing. you will see the connectors on the back are now very easy to get to

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is how all the parts line up

if your fitting a new resistor these are available on ebay for about £35

if this is the case fit the new one into the casing and refit everything

refitting is the reverse of removing. a clean up of the connectors is recommended while its apart

later i will show how this is fitted into the car.

hope this helps

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
fitting is very simple.

you go in from the passengers side.

undo the bolts holding the glovebox on. theres 4 inside the glovebox and 3 underneath. if you have carpet trim underneath you need to remove these clips and carpet first

next is personal preference. undo the panel just below the glovebox to the right it has 2 screws. you can see one in the pic. theres also a pop clip at the back.

be warned this is a pain to line up afterwards so maybe see if you can do without taking this off.

this is what is shown now

you can see the blower motor at the top of this pic

this is the motor itself.

if you have a new blower motor. you can disconnect the wiring and plug the new one in to test this is your issue. the wires are much long enough.

once you have worked out the blower is dead or the resistor you need to undo the blower motor

to take the motor out you grab it and unclip it clockwise

its a little hard to navigate it out but it does fit.

fitting is the reverse of removal. abit of grease on the connectors helps

the hole in the blower sits to the bottom left corner just to help you line the new motor up. you clip it back in anti clockwise

refit everything and admire a good job done

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no this is for resistor failure which is common or a faulty motor

there is a repair kit for the cogs on your heating system. if you look at the top of the page theres a thread there

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had lost top speed on the fan

The speed was pulsating until it got to the stage where the blower was cutting out

Nothing to do with the temperature

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thank you

Mine is weird the aircon is fantastic then it just cuts out blower works but cold air goes off hoped your part was a fix lol

Only does it when inside of car gets hot say external temp maybe 25 26 degree and above below that works as expected

Thanks again

Allan

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thank you

Mine is weird the aircon is fantastic then it just cuts out blower works but cold air goes off hoped your part was a fix lol

Only does it when inside of car gets hot say external temp maybe 25 26 degree and above below that works as expected

Thanks again

Allan

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Are you sure its not the mixer flap? (check if the air con pump is working as it cuts out)
It could be a bad sensor (need planet to find that), over charge, insufficient air flow through condenser etc only way to know is get it hooked up to some AC gauges. If pressures are OK when it cuts out need planet to check sensors.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when it cuts out next try and get it to work with the heater instead. mine was playing up on any heat because it was the fan faulty

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thanks Monty

Not sure but think it may be fan relay its meant to be 2 speed not sure mine is running when air con is on will check in a week or so having a break from working on it opening window instead very novel :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
this is great thanks, my problem is blower works on all speed settings however it constantly cuts out wether a/c is on or regular fan/heater, turning off and on again does'nt do anything simply wait a couple of minutes and it comes back on with a little squeeky noise just before it starts back up.

as its not permanently broken will this make it hard to find out the problem i dont really want to buy the spare parts before i know the exact issue or will i only know by replacing the parts?

·
Registered
11 Posts
got it all out after following your guide and cleaned up the connectors (maybe not well enough im not sure, i used a screwdriver) but still having the same issue. blower comes on for a while then off then on again wether its on a/c or just normal fan/heater setting. What is the next option do i have to buy a new motor and resistor? one of the resistor pins had build up on it please see the picture. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
fan not working

Hi, the fan on my 307sw isn't working as well. It is the same as yours with the resister built on to the back of the motor. Before i order a new resister off ebay do you know if i should have power in the large red wire that attatches to the blower motor? Its the connector with the black and red wire plug. I have checked the fuses and they are ok. I thought there might be a relay not working some where.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi Monty, Mine is doing exactly the same as yours and slowly giving up, was yours just the replacement resister? Or the full motor? Or is it a case of elimination ... try the resistor first, and then the motor.
I don't suppose coolant loss would have any kind of relation to this fault at all, since it's started happening I've been losing a bit of coolant, not an alarming amount, but my suspicions were with the heater matrix before I found this guide.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ok, got it all disconnected but how the buggery hell do you get it out? Ive tried twisting and turning it every way possible but i cant see a way it can get past the solid metal pipes and structural bits. Is there any technique or do i just keep trying? Been at it for an hour now just trying to get the bugger out without smashing it apart lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts