Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
started by removing the glove box and surrounding panels to gain access to the heater blower fan.

This was not to hard and do risk of braking anything.

1. I removed the blower motor and navigating it past the wire looms and brackets.

2. Tested the motor blower on the battery charger in the garage, spun up no problems.

3. So fault still lies somewhere behind this dash.

4. Located the resistor inside the blower aperture, if the reach in and twist it anti clock it will pull down and reveal the electrical connection.

5. The resistor contains 5 connections that pass the voltage across different tappings of the power resistor to give the speed settings 1 to 4.

6. Pin 1 must have had a poor connection at some point and was slightly tarnished crating a faulty connection on the spade terminal and on the connector plug also.

7. I cleaned the connections and added a little copper slip to the pin connections and refitted the resistor to the loom.

8. Refitted the blower motor and tested the system.

all sorted :fire2:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
jozzyman said:
started by removing the glove box and surrounding panels to gain access to the heater blower fan.

This was not to hard and do risk of braking anything.

1. I removed the blower motor and navigating it past the wire looms and brackets.

2. Tested the motor blower on the battery charger in the garage, spun up no problems.

3. So fault still lies somewhere behind this dash.

4. Located the resistor inside the blower aperture, if the reach in and twist it anti clock it will pull down and reveal the electrical connection.

5. The resistor contains 5 connections that pass the voltage across different tappings of the power resistor to give the speed settings 1 to 4.

6. Pin 1 must have had a poor connection at some point and was slightly tarnished crating a faulty connection on the spade terminal and on the connector plug also.

7. I cleaned the connections and added a little copper slip to the pin connections and refitted the resistor to the loom.

8. Refitted the blower motor and tested the system.

all sorted :letsprty:
Think we`ll sticky that for you , well done.:thumb:

·
11,711 Posts
I wrote a little guide on removing the resistor last year when mine failed. Hope it helps:

1) Working in the drivers side look below the steering wheel. You will see a hard fabric carpeted trim panel . Its held in by three plastic plugs. Pull out the centre section to "unlock" the plug.

2) Above that is a solid plastic cover. This just clips into place so gently pull it off.

3) Remove the centre console side panel. This is held by a plastic plug at the front (nearest the engine) and two torx screws at the other side.

4) Things should now look like this.

·
11,711 Posts
Part Two

5) Look closely towards the upper left, you should see a white "elbow joint" (arrowed). Turn on the ignition then press the air recirculation switch - but watch this elbow joint as you do so.

6) Did you see it move? As it stretched out it opened a large vent. If you didn't, press it a few more times to open and close until you're familliar with the operation. Turn off the igniton when its open.

7) Put your hand inside this vent hole. Not far in you should feel a flat rectangular object. Grab and give a gentle twist anti clockwise.

8) You should be able to bring it down just far enough to unclip the wiring loom plug from the resistor.

·
Registered
72 Posts
A big :thumb: to the guys above.
My heater blower packed up yesterday.
It was a poor connection between the resistor pins and multiplug connector - a check on a multimeter showed up no faults and i had to look really closely (with a loupe!) at the pins to see slight evidence of acing/high resistance.
Cleaned it up, whacked it back together and it`s all good.

Cheers, guys - it`d have taken a month of Sundays to find that pesky resistor hidden away where it is without this post.

Isn`t the internets marvelous?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just like to put my experience up of this problem.
Same thing happened to my mates 307. Took it all apart, the connector on the resistor was indeed dodgy, a bit of burn on the wire itself, cleaned it up and put back together, all working again.

Only lasted a few days after the clean though, took it apart again, this time cut out the bad part of wire and soldered directly from the loom on that connection to the resistor terminal. So far its lasted about 18 months :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
blower/fan not working

Hi i am not sure if this is the same problem , ? my blower/fan is now intermittent start the engine and it works. 30 mins later start and no blower it has been doing this for a few months now 9 times out of 10 it worked but now 3 times out of 10 , could this be the same problem or something else , my fix for the flaps and gears are still solid and this works fine , just the fan kicks in when it wants and never when the engine is running always on start up . used the car 4 times today and it worked once all steamed up knightmare ...

cheers kenny :thumb:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all I got the big flap open but can't find resister any were I put my hand in there is nothing there but the main fan wheel ? 2006 307 1.6 110 hdi sw se . I am soaking and demented with this bloody car today lol is it on the passenger side ? Please help as I am lost were this resister is on this car

Cheers Kenny
Hi mate its a bit tricky you have to get right into footwell stick arm right in under dash and its in the top middle of dash board under digital display hope this helps

·
Registered
69 Posts
OMG i cant do anymore today i still have not found this resistor lol.
my head is done in ,on my back looking up and still no luck .
i will try again tomorrow cant belive i dont know where this is after the help on the site :nono:

could it be the model of car etc ?????????

cheers kenny :whip:

·
Registered
69 Posts
blower resistor

Hi Jozzyman ive had the fan unit out and i still cant find this resistor mate ? may be its my model of car different position( 06 307sw hdi ? )i will give it a bash again tomorrow i am wet and scunnered :(

thanks agin kenny

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is this it because i have been looking for an older type one ? i have put a older picture and new one on , i found this today but didnt think it was a resistor ?
If it is i didnt even need to remove glove box as it is at the bottom of the air heater unit at back ,

cheers kenny

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Peugeot 307 [Mk2] Control Module For Automatic Air Conditioner Unit - equivalent to 6441S7

This unit is made by Hella/Behr who are the OE manufacturers and is used to control the Air Conditioning Heater Blower Motor speed and operation on vehicles with Auto AC.

It is located in the footwell towards the top and is behind a plastic cover.

Some faults reported when failing [for info only] are

Blower fan not reacting to control panel. thats me

No heating or cooling. thats me again

Blower fan not speeding up or slowing down or stopping yep me

this my infamous resistor problem but cant be cleaned like the other ones .

ken :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
307 resistor/ module/blower fix location

Hi all this is were the MK2 control Module is located in this model of 307 , it is not in the haynes manual etc, climate control/AC . looks different but does the same job operates the heater blower etc. mine has worked since finding this but i still think its faulty , it is actually easy to find ... though you would not think it reading my rants .. you just need to remove the left passenger foot guard area , thats it , leave the glove box on if you want . there are 4 wires that go to it , unsrew anti clock wise 1/4 inch and its off just unplug it .
It is all numbered 1 2 3 4 . i gave connectors a clean checked all the wires as it leads to the blower motor as well , i am not saying its fixed when i have money i will replace asap , like before some times the blower kicks in then it doesnt and it seems to pack in when you need it most lol..
Heres some really handy pictures of the location and the Module itself ,
Good Luck

All the best Kenny (relaxed):lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks

jozzyman and gibbo are heroes! :worship:
i am a total diy phobe and have never tried anything before looking at this forum.
would never try anything too risky, but have now fixed 2 problems on my 307 at no cost. heater now working again. :)
saved at least £200 over both probelms.
big thank you guys. :clap:

·
Registered
27 Posts
heater blower

cheers guys step by step was spot on thought a pug garage visit was in order (again)but after the usual suspects fuses and so on was stumped
thank god for this forum saved my wallet again
bit tricky but took my time and now can demist the car again ha ha :thumb:

adamski

307 2.0 hdi 2004

·
Registered
1 Posts
Think we`ll sticky that for you , well done.:thumb:
As my plug in was in bad condition, one connector hanging out, I decided on one of the other suggestions. I soldered 5 wires to the resistor and fitted a terminal block to them to accept the wires fom the plug. I have come to complete the operation and found the wires on the plug will not pull out far enough to work on. I have tried the driver side, same problem. Can I get to the wires somewhere else? HELP PLEASE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Despite Gibbo and Ken's helpful photos, I am still stumped.

I look in the open (recurculating) vent, can see the blower fan, but putting my hand in, can only feel the lumps where the vent pivots. No little blade style thingy?

Look around the other side. Two sets of connectors on the blower motor, but nothing in the housing below it.

Is it possible that there is a Mk3 resistor pack hiding somewhere else in a 2005 307sw?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 185 Posts