Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I have a brand new 207 verve and want to fit rear speakers. I thought they were there but have been told that is not the case. I asked the dealer where I got the car from and he said the speakers themselves are only about £9.00 to buy but to get them fitted as well will cost a total of about £120 so I'd rather try to do it myself. Any advice on how to fit the rear speakers?

Cheers

G

·
The Verve is essentially the same spec as the older M:play, but without the body colour coding and with different seat fabric. As standard it has the RD4 with 6 speakers (2 tweets up front, 2 front door speakers, 2 rear door/rear quarter speakers (depending on if it's 3 or 5 doors). The very lowest spec available, has the same speaker set up, so no 207 will have less than 6 speakers, and the posh ones with JBL have 7.

2 things to try. Check the fader settings to ensure that they're just not switched off.

If that doesn't do it, take it back and kick up a fuss cos there should be 6 in there, as confirmed by my 2009 range brochure. The part numbers are

6562 C7 - front tweeters
6562 C5 - front door speakers
6562 X2/X3 - rear speakers, depending on if 3 or 5 door.

Go slap them severely for fobbing you off. If you like, PM me your VIN and email addy and I'll email you the page from Servicebox with your cars build details so they can't try and blarney their way out of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chopper
Thanks for the reply. I did think they were fobbing me off but the they pulled up their spec list on the receptions computer and it said for my model the Verve with a 2010 number plate that it only had 2 tweeters on the dash & 2 speakers on the front with rear speakers optional. So I'm not sure if they have changed their spec or something. Sorry, I can't PM you as I don't have 20 posts...

Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
speakers.

hi,,yep they are correct.
they don't have them fitted on that spec.
easy to remove the door card and fit some.

toddy

G

·
So they changed the spec of the Verve since launch? I'm eyeing my brochure (picked up septemberish last year when I took the 308 back to have the new key coded) and I didn't imagine it, says 6 speakers. Why would they drop the Verve to just the fronts, when the poverty spec Urban and S at a couple of grand less still have all 6? Chumps.

Esquie, email me at [email protected] peugeotuk.org with the VIN and I'll check it for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
more specifically why not mention that when you buy the car, just got an 10 plate verve and has no (working) rear speakers, salesman had no idea this was the case..

not impressed

·
Registered
873 Posts
my 307 has no rear door card speakers but the person who had the car before me fitted speakers on the parcel shelf.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Why would they drop the Verve to just the fronts, when the poverty spec Urban and S at a couple of grand less still have all 6? Chumps.

Esquie, email me at [email protected] peugeotuk.org with the VIN and I'll check it for you.
Chopper,
do you know if the 2010 S model has 6 or 4 speakers? No sound coming out of the back doors (although I've not tried adjusting the fade).

·
Registered
2 Posts
same thing with my 3d Verve. no rear speakers.. sucks but im looking at upgrading all the speakers. any idea what size the tweeters are on the dash?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts