Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have replaced both front abs sensors in the last 6 months (first one at peugeot, second one did myself and found fairly straightforward). However, my o/s rear one has now gone and I have got the part but can't see where it goes and it looks much more fiddly.

The end that attaches to the brakes is easy enough, but then it curls up and under the petrol tank before looking lie it disappears into the sills somewhere. There looks to be about 50cm of cable beyond the point where it disappears.

Does anyone know what I need to remove to get to the point where I can plug it in?? is there an inspection hatch somewhere?? help!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully I will get the chhance to give this a go in about 10 days time, and then I will post my version of the instructions.

For the end of the sensor that joins the brakes it is easier than it looks in the guide as I already managed that part last weekend. However, the key to getting it nailed looks to be the lowering of the petrol tank. I didn't want to do this unless I was pretty sure that it was going to get me somewhere, but the excellent guide attached by chopper suggests that this will reveal the socket for the other end of the sensor. - it which case we should be laughing!!

Thanks guys, and I will let you know how I get on in due course.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi fatman having same problem with rear abs sensor can you send pictures chopper sent you and your own guide how you replace them and what problems you had thanks chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi thanks for that but were do you plug the other end of rear sensor it looks to go under fuel tank but not sure were it comes out to plug in thanks chris

·
5,106 Posts
lift your rear seat/drivers side, there is a round flap of carpet,lift that and theres a round rubber cover,under there is the 'other' end of the sensor wires

·
Registered
12 Posts
Feul tank

Hi Guys
I 'm going to try changing the sensors/discs also but not being a mechanic! how do you lower the fuel tank? you mention two bolts, are these the two at the back right hand side of the tank looking from the back? Do you need to loosen anything else like the fuel filler tube etc? I understant the jack underneath which i guess it to stop it hitting the deck!! How far do you have to lower it, couple of inches?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Peter

·
5,106 Posts
and with a piece of string... pull them through! hopefully :D
we cut the end off the old sensor and used that to pull the new plug through

·
5,106 Posts
Hi Guys
I 'm going to try changing the sensors/discs also but not being a mechanic! how do you lower the fuel tank? you mention two bolts, are these the two at the back right hand side of the tank looking from the back? Do you need to loosen anything else like the fuel filler tube etc? I understant the jack underneath which i guess it to stop it hitting the deck!! How far do you have to lower it, couple of inches?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Peter
we just loosened the tank so it came down about an inch, just enough to get the wires through but no danger of anything becoming unattached anywhere

·
5,106 Posts
Thanks Trem, is it the two bolts i mentioned, at the back of the tank, the two next to each other?
yea i think so but i think theres a couple near the front as well

·
Registered
215 Posts
Got rear offside ABS sensor sitting in a drawer here as well !! I"d love to be able to tackle the job, but am not a mechanic....brake pads / shoes have been my limit so far....anyone got pics of lowering the fuel tank on this forum? I have registered with 407 owners...but cannot get logged in for weeks!!

Martin...if yer reading this...is it too much for me to tackle mate?

Cliff

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Got rear offside ABS sensor sitting in a drawer here as well !! I"d love to be able to tackle the job, but am not a mechanic....brake pads / shoes have been my limit so far....anyone got pics of lowering the fuel tank on this forum? I have registered with 407 owners...but cannot get logged in for weeks!!

Martin...if yer reading this...is it too much for me to tackle mate?

Cliff
Too much for me anyway :eek:

:lol::lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well it look a bit more complicated then a simple lowering of the tank but until i get under the car and try it I don't know! mabe it will lower enough to get cables through. I purchased the workshop manual on dvd and they recommend removing the tank which sounds like a can of worms to me. I have made Pdf's of the pages i found if this helps so at least i now know where the fuel tank bolts are! If it looks like theres some play in the lowering then i'll give it a go easter weekend, mabe take a few pics too. don't fancy taking off exhaust etc..

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought the 407 workshop manual on DVD. I have 3 pdf's re ABS replacement and Fuel Tank removal. I'm hopeing I don't have to remove the tank and see if i can lower it an inch as peeps have suggested. Unfortunatly I cant upload the pdf's or a link to them for some reason! to big i think! If anyone wants them you can email me and I'll send them to you. At least it shows you where the bolts are to lower the tank.
Hope it helps.. docs can be downloaded on a post later in this thread.
Peter

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi Martin,
Will err on the side of caution, and take it to a mechanic mate...would only be digging a hole for myself!!

Peter.....great offer there...thx... ..but will wait and get the Haynes manual from Amazon.

Cliff

1 - 20 of 38 Posts