Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there im new to the forum. my bro bought a 307 and driving home from buying it the abs light came on so it was pluged in at a garage to see what the fault was and its showing a abs pump fault.
we have a secondhand pump from a peugeot dealer and im a fully qualified lvl 3 mechanic but i have no diagnostic tools. the old pump is still on the car im just wondering is there a special way to bleed the pump do i just bleed the system the 2 man way or does it have to be bleed via a diagnostic plug in.
If a it can be done without a diagnostic machine whats the steps i should take thanks and please help or point me in the right direction :confused: and its a 1.6 16v auto petrol 2002

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
you do really need the peugeot diagnostics tool. see the peugeot planet map for anyone near you

i have bled my car and my girlfriends ford ka without diagnostics i used a vaccum bleeder on my compressor

·
5,886 Posts
As you are using a secondhand pump you should not have to many issues as the pump will be full of brake fluid.

I would just clingfilm master cylinder etc to stop leaking fluid and then remove pump fit S/H pump and connect master cylinder pipes. I normally leave the pipes loose remove clingfilm and lightly press brake to get brake fluid starting to weap from unions i then tighten (this minimises air getting into pump)

Connect the rest of the brake pipes and then bleed brakes (pressure bleed if possible) as normal. I then road test and if i have no diags to cycle pumps i then find a safe place to brake hard or loose surface and activate ABS and see if pedal drops etc (if so bleed again).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As you are using a secondhand pump you should not have to many issues as the pump will be full of brake fluid.

I would just clingfilm master cylinder etc to stop leaking fluid and then remove pump fit S/H pump and connect master cylinder pipes. I normally leave the pipes loose remove clingfilm and lightly press brake to get brake fluid starting to weap from unions i then tighten (this minimises air getting into pump)

Connect the rest of the brake pipes and then bleed brakes (pressure bleed if possible) as normal. I then road test and if i have no diags to cycle pumps i then find a safe place to brake hard or loose surface and activate ABS and see if pedal drops etc (if so bleed again).
Thanks this is what im going to try and do. i called the peugeot dealer who is going to remove the fault code and he said if i dont get all the air out of the system any way that he will plug it into planet but he said that it shouldnt need to be done and the method you describe to do is how he also said to do thanks for the replys people :thumb::thumb::thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts