Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

307 1.4 HDI

I've bought some gearbox fluid from my local pug dealers the other day and decided to drain the old fluid out and fill up with some fresh fluid.

Has anyone ever replaced their gearbox fluid if so how easy is it to tackle this job?

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
160 Posts
Often both the drain and filler plug is behind the left front wheel, and it is quite easy job. Simply drain with the lower plug and then flll it up untill i overflows.

I have a tool that looks like a large syringe, this is very helpful in reaching the filler hole. Might look into getting something like that.

Edit: if you provide a vin number i can check your gearbox type and give you a better reply:)

P

·
0 Posts
Sure someone on here suggested taking out the reverse light switch and filling up from there.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My wifes '05 307 has a drain plug on the bottom of the gearbox, it needs either a 21mm spanner or 8mm ket to undo it.
There is no way of checking the level though.
When I drained it i I refilled it (by removing the breather, the battery and other stuff in the way was already off because I was changing the clutch), with 2 litres of fully synthetic oil.

Roger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts