Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 3008, 2017 model. I am trying to connect it to my mobile phone in order to use Android Auto and Google Maps.

Whenever I connect my mobile phone to the car both get stuck in a loop. My mobile behaves as if I'm ejecting and re-inserting the usb cable and the error on the car infotainment reads

"Launching Android Auto. To launch MirrorLink, use Connect Radio phone settings to change the connection default, the reconnect the phone."

I have tried both a Huawei P9 Lite and Sony Xperia Z3.

How do you get Android Auto to Work on Peugeot 3008?

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't know if this is your problem but some people have had problems with 'after market' usb cables but when used with the phones original cable then everything worked ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have just bought a 3008, 2017 model. I am trying to connect it to my mobile phone in order to use Android Auto and Google Maps.

Whenever I connect my mobile phone to the car both get stuck in a loop. My mobile behaves as if I'm ejecting and re-inserting the usb cable and the error on the car infotainment reads

"Launching Android Auto. To launch MirrorLink, use Connect Radio phone settings to change the connection default, the reconnect the phone."

Thanks
My Huawei P9 needed an update to latest Huawei operating system then it has worked perfectly

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (41.3mpg)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if this is your problem but some people have had problems with 'after market' usb cables but when used with the phones original cable then everything worked ?
Hi Tell, I've tried 3 different cables, 2 of which are the original usb cables that came with the phone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Huawei P9 needed an update to latest Huawei operating system then it has worked perfectly

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (41.3mpg)
The OS on my Huawei is the latest. I'm wondering though if I have the latest software on my infotainment.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My version ends in B360. If I check for updates, I have a prompt saying there are no updates pending.
Hi jrizzomt....stop googleing...I have the exact solution for this...and I'm very satisfied with the andorid auto....I will come back to you later with every details witihin a 30 mins

·
Registered
111 Posts

Thanks
So...you need to donwload android auto to you cell phone...it is not available in every country in google play but here is the link with the latest versions:
Android Auto 2.3.7166 APK Download by Google Inc. - APKMirror

Than before you connect to the car's USB unlock the screen and enabel mobile net and GPS on the phone. Than it works pretty well.

It took me a while, while I figured out how the google maps works on the dashboard. You can type address only if the car is not moving. Otherwise you can use voice navigation...it works pretty well I guess. Also you can download offline areas in google map on the phone.

Hope I could help you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So...you need to donwload android auto to you cell phone...it is not available in every country in google play but here is the link with the latest versions:
Android Auto 2.3.7166 APK Download by Google Inc. - APKMirror

Than before you connect to the car's USB unlock the screen and enabel mobile net and GPS on the phone. Than it works pretty well.

It took me a while, while I figured out how the google maps works on the dashboard. You can type address only if the car is not moving. Otherwise you can use voice navigation...it works pretty well I guess. Also you can download offline areas in google map on the phone.

Hope I could help you.
Hi gaaboy, Thanks for your comment. I'll try it out later on today as I'm at work now.

What is mobile net?

I still think there might be an issue with the software on the infotainment.

My version is

HMI Version: 21.614.51.8.0
IMX version: x0101138_170111_16.1B055.24
V850 version: W2.1_16.1S46.1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Gaaboy, Thanks for your comment. I will try it later on today as I'm at work right now.

What is Mobile Net?

I still think there might be something wrong with the software in my car. My software's version is

IMX Version: x0101138_170111_16.1B055.24
V850 version: W2.1_16.1s46.1

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Gaaboy, Thanks for your comment. I will try it later on today as I'm at work right now.

What is Mobile Net?

I still think there might be something wrong with the software in my car. My software's version is

IMX Version: x0101138_170111_16.1B055.24
V850 version: W2.1_16.1s46.1
mobile net is mobile data connection ;)

I guess there is nothing wrong with your software in your car..since I have the original software from the date I bought the car (I assume it wasnt updated since the production date) and it is working very well.

Good luck...and dont hesitate to contact me if you need help :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mobile net is mobile data connection ;)

I guess there is nothing wrong with your software in your car..since I have the original software from the date I bought the car (I assume it wasnt updated since the production date) and it is working very well.

Good luck...and dont hesitate to contact me if you need help :thumb:
Worked like a charm mate. Thanks for your help. I've been googling about this for about 3 weeks.

I was downloading the wrong app from play store and installing the correct apk did the trick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi I'm having problem with mirror link and s7 edge tried connecting and it says connect device anyone have idea why
Hi Nazral,

You can find all needed troubleshooting in this thread.

Make sure you have the correct app (Android Auto) installed on your phone as it is not available to download from every country.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi gaaboy, Thanks for your comment. I'll try it out later on today as I'm at work now.

What is mobile net?

I still think there might be an issue with the software on the infotainment.

My version is

IMX version: x0101138_170111_16.1B055.24
V850 version: W2.1_16.1S46.1
I have the same software
Did you update it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Nicohe,

I did not update the car software. My problem was that the app Android Auto was not available in my country. I downloaded it from the link provided by gaaboy earlier in the thread.

Then I installed the app on my mobile phone.

Let me know if you need instructions how to transfer the app from your computer to your mobile phone and install it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the w2.1_16.1s46.1 software version but the google auto and the mirror link icons are not avalaible in the display, do i need any upgrade?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts