Peugeot Forums banner

How to change parameters in the Engine ECU?

22K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  cancunia 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I've bought a cruise control stalk from AliExpress, as well as the diagnostic interface. I've installed Diagbox and succeeded to change the parameters in the BSI, but when I try to change the parameters in the Engine ECU it doesn't work.

The option is there, but if I click in "Present" nothing happens, and the choose box still shows "Missing".
Is this a limitation of the car ECU or Diagbox? Will it work if I update my diagbox to a newer version?

My car is a Brazilian 308 1.6, EC5 "flex" engine

BR

See less See more
#7 ·
I have tried with PP2000 V24 standalone, and my engine ecu wasn't recognized. Maybe I could use another similar ECU, or this would kill the unit?

These are the available ECUs in PP2000. My engine should be NFP/NFN type (not sure each one) and ME749 unit. Do you think I can try to use this NFU ME749?

#8 ·
Hello again,

I`ve tried a different method, as described in this file:
http://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2014/02/12/noticervv1609764580indcv2/noticervv1609764580indcv2.pdf

The problem is that when i go into the "delivery to the customer" menu Diagbox asks me if my car is "Mercosul" version. And it is.
If I click in Yes, there`s no option to enable the cruise control.
But if I click in No, the option is there.
Does anyone know which kind of harm can I cause if I try to "cheat" Diagbox saying that my car isn`t Mercosul version and trying to enable it this way?

Thanks!

#9 ·
Your diag version

Moonte Hi, This happened to me too. I think you need to update to a higher version, 6.03 should cover it as your car is more recent. Scary mistake on the net should have a patch for you to upload, its free and he posts instructions too. When i updated the config went ahead ok, the gear wheels appeared and it was done. Good luck with it.

#10 ·
Moonte Hi, This happened to me too. I think you need to update to a higher version, 6.03 should cover it as your car is more recent. Scary mistake on the net should have a patch for you to upload, its free and he posts instructions too. When i updated the config went ahead ok, the gear wheels appeared and it was done. Good luck with it.
Hello. Do you mean PP2000 v6.03? Or Diagbox v6.03? Because I`ve tried several Diagbox v7.xx versions

#11 · (Edited)
I meant Diagbox V06.03 but I see you already tried later versions which should have worked. It may all come down to your ecu type in the end. I read some versions wont allow configuration, but maybe the file could be re mapped to allow it?? Reading your previous post this may be the cause.

#12 ·
I seem to recall reading something similar a while ago. If I remember rightly the ECU & BSI have to be enabled in the correct order. If the wrong order is used you end up in the situation you are in.

Try disabling cruise in the BSI, Setting the ECU option to present then go back to the BSI and re-enable it.

#14 ·
Hello,

I've tried this, but it doesn't work. Anyway i was able to change the value from "Missing" to "Present" selecting the text in Diagbox and pressing "p".
I've first tried to enable RVV1 + speed limiter, but when trying to download i got "incorrect settings" message.
Then I've tried RVV2 + speed limiter, it started downloading, but at the end of 3 minutes I've got a "programming failure" message.

Any idea of what could be wrong?

#17 ·
Succesfully enabled cruise control on my 61 plate 308 using diagbox. Was a bit of a pig to figure out as I've not used diagbox much. Managed to get it working but was in a rush so haven't made any notes yet. When I get some free time tomorrow I'll disable it and start again noting everything I do and post up the result.

#18 · (Edited)
Managed to retrofit Cruise Control to my 2011 1.6 HDi 308 SR using Diagbox v07.34

These are the steps I took. Do the BSI last.

1. Start Diagbox and choose vehicle then choose Diagbox option and wait for it to read all ECU's
  2. Click on Repair
  3. Click on Injection / Ignition from the ECU list then click the green tick
  4. Click Configuration, Configuration again then Manual Configuration
  5. Click on ECU Downloading then at the screen where it says Ignition has to be on make sure ignition is on then click the green tick
  6. Click the drop down arrow next to Cruise Control and select 'Present' then click the gear wheels then the green tick
  7. When the screen shows ECU Unlocked click the green tick then follow the instructions regarding turning the ignition off & on
  8. When the screen shows configuration carried out click the green tick
  9. Keep clicking the back arrow at the bottom left until you get to the ECU list
  10. Click on the BSI and click the green tick
  11. Click configuration
  12. Click Manual Configuration
  13. Click Vehicle Configuration
  14. Click Driving Assistance
  15. Click on Presence and type of Cruise Control then click the green tick
  16. The screen will refresh then click the green tick once more
  17. On the next screen choose Cruise Control or Cruise Control and Speed Limitation
  18. Click the gears
  19. When configuration is completed back out to the ECU list then close down Diagbox
Cruise Control should now be working.

If you choose Cruise with speed limiter and you don't have the correct pedal you can switch the limiter on but you won't be able to set the speed. Cruise works as normal.

Hope this helps someone retrofit cruise to their 308

#19 · (Edited)
Many thanks for the 'how to' it helped to get CC working on my 2013 Pug Partner. I used Diagbox ver 7.11 as I have an old Rev B interface, 7.11 is the oldest version that will work with the EDC17C10_BR2 ECU as used on B9 Partners & Berlingos.
The Diagbox menus to configure the ECU were a bit different in steps (6-9) , but easy enough to follow.

#21 ·
am just trying to add CC to my 207 HDi

have fitted the stalk

using diagbox 7.02 I have been following storemans notes

1. Start Diagbox and choose vehicle then choose Diagbox option and wait for it to read all ECU's
  2. Click on Repair
  3. Click on Injection / Ignition from the ECU list then click the green tick
  4. Click Configuration, Configuration again then Manual Configuration
  5. Click on ECU Downloading then at the screen where it says Ignition has to be on make sure ignition is on then click the green tick
  6. Click the drop down arrow next to Cruise Control and select 'Present' then click the gear wheels then the green tick
I have got to here and when switching ignition back on it says an error or cant be completed, I can carry on with the rest as follows which goes ok and starting the engine the cruise/limit function is showing on the dash screen so something is working. [sorry, this post is auto filling the numerical points so for some reason it starts back at 1...]
  1. When the screen shows ECU Unlocked click the green tick then follow the instructions regarding turning the ignition off & on
  2. When the screen shows configuration carried out click the green tick
  3. Keep clicking the back arrow at the bottom left until you get to the ECU list
  4. Click on the BSI and click the green tick
  5. Click configuration
  6. Click Manual Configuration
  7. Click Vehicle Configuration
  8. Click Driving Assistance
  9. Click on Presence and type of Cruise Control then click the green tick
  10. The screen will refresh then click the green tick once more
  11. On the next screen choose Cruise Control or Cruise Control and Speed Limitation
  12. Click the gears
  13. When configuration is completed back out to the ECU list then close down Diagbox

as I write this I am upgrading to 7.62 which is on the same cd, I will also try the PP way as described in mickiete's info

#23 ·
PP seems to have a much more 'no nonsense' approach than Diagbox in some circumstances. I could not get CC to work on my 2011 Expert initially via Diagbox, but although PP2000 did not recognise the ECU, it noticed the presence of the CC stalk & cleared or set a flag somewhere that allowed me to finish the job with Diagbox.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.