Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be able to tell me how to change the alternator on 1998 806 1.9 td. I changed one years ago on a different car but would like to know if anyone on here can give me a step by step guide or any tricks and secrets to do it quicker.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I removed the alternator on our 807 some years ago, seem to remember it was easy enough one the belt was off but the PS pump had to be unbolted and removed to one side and the oil filter unscrewed to access the mounting bolts.
I found the Valeo alternator in good order so I just changed the brushes, if yours is the same type, confirm the bearings are OK with the belt off and you can leave it in place and remove the brush holder once the oil filter is off.
Change the brushes and your good to go, look on Youtube for how to change the brushes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
1.9s are a doddle to do.

Disconnect the battery and maybe remove the front o/s wheel to give better access to the tensioner pulley, these can be rusted up. Allen screws from memory, one facing uphill and one through the centre of the pulley itself which is a locking screw. Then simply undo and remove any/all securing bolts.
But like has been said above, may not be necessary to remove it completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts