Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
11,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following on from my previous post about blanking the EGR on a 307, here's a guide for the 206.

Although the EGR valve on the 2L 90bhp diesel is in a much easier position to reach and blank with a plate (or remove altogether), its a two minute job to do with the old "golf tee trick" on the pipes.

1) Locating the EGR solenoid:

It should be on the bulkhead between the engine and passenger compartment:

A close up (note, mine has already been "blanked" in this picture):

·
11,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2) Disconnecting the electrical connector.

On my previous picture I've already disconnected the blue electrical plug (circled orange) that connects to the solenoid (circled yellow).

What you should do is protect the connectors and socket with a bit of electrical tape to prevent dirt and water ingress, should you want to reconnect at a later date.

3) Identifying the vacuum pipes.

Note there are two outlets on the solenoid (circled green):

One of these (the bottom outlet on mine) goes to a short pipe that goes to the EGR valve.

Pull this out of the solenoid and then pop a golf tee into the pipe. Wrap with a bit of tape to prevent it falling out:

I would also suggest getting a short piece of vacuum pipe (or screenwash pipe) to cover up the now exposed outlet on the solenoid.

Make sure that all loose pipes and connectors are fastened away safely so they're not swinging about in the engine bay.

And that's it. If you've had an engine management light on due to an EGR fault, you should find that it will go off after three engine cycles. Or clear with a fault code reader (an EML327 and the Torque app for Android worked for me while my Planet cable is broken).

So far I've done just over 1000 miles with no issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts