Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello - my 2004 Expert (2.0HDi 5 spd manual) has a loose gear knob that I'm about to replace - whilst contemplating the fitment of the new knob it appears the reverse gear selection collar needs adjusting to decrease its movement (the old knob needed to be lifted along with the collar, whereas I believe the knob should stay static) - how can I adjust the reverse linkage so that the collar engages/disengages as it should do (i.e. leaving the knob static on the gearstick)?

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
You cannot its just a cable going to a plunger in the end of the gearbox case there is no real adjustment its probably worn too much or the outer cable is pulled through its fixing on the selector

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
am I mistaken in thinking the gear knob itself should remain static whilst the reverse shift collar is pulled up? The new knob I got from Peugeot dealer does not sit tightly on the gear stem - I was expecting a friction fit but this is decidedly not! Thinking maybe the knob itself and the reverse shift collar are supposed to be pulled up together to engage reverse, which would at least account for its looseness. If that's the case, how should the knob be secured to the collar to make them work as one? Hope my description makes sense...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts