Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of changing the oil and filter on my 2.0hdi twice a year.

what are the service intervals for the oil and filter

i have just replaced my gfs oil and filter on her ford ka after a year and it was still clean

P

·
0 Posts
Every six months? Maybe thats to often i dunno, but car always been good to me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a 306 with a 2.0Hdi and only did it once a year but then only did 8k annually. I rembered the oil actually stayed clean for a while afterwards as well.
It's not too "sludgey" an engine. I don't know what the recomend oil is for your. I don't know if the 307 2.0HDi has a DPF or not - it makes a difference to the oil. I wouldn't go by your handbook as the oil recomendations change - as indeed they have for the 1.6HDi lumps.

Can't remember what the interval is but once a year at least if mileage allows.

I'm sure someone more qualified will come along in a minute and shoot me down and tell me I'm talking doggy poos:D:D:D

Ref the Ka - petrol engines the oil doesn't get as dirty as quickly.

Opie oild do a recomend oil site
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/t-recommendations-car-or-bike.aspx

·
Registered
227 Posts
i was thinking of changing the oil and filter on my 2.0hdi twice a year.

what are the service intervals for the oil and filter

i have just replaced my gfs oil and filter on her ford ka after a year and it was still clean
Depends on your driving pattern and the oil you use.

·
12,095 Posts
I've always gone with 6 months or 6000 miles.

People claim that oil can last much longer these days and I'm wasting my money. Maybe I am and its a big placebo but I've never had any engine problems, my MPG is tremendous and the car runs smooth and quiet, so its worth it just for my peace of mind.

I wouldn't go by your handbook as the oil recomendations change - as indeed they have for the 1.6HDi lumps.
I did some research on the 1.6 110 engine that's in the 307, 407 and Ford Focus. All three have different recommended service intervals. The one with the longest interval is the 407, and that one seems to suffer most from turbo failures. Co-incidence?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im of the same mind with flush's and am a member of other forums who never use them. If you must flush then I use standard oil and flush it through if I don't know the history of the car and then change the filter and fill with decent semi oil although I do use fully syn on the fto as it gets run a lot higher revs than the merc.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I change every 6k. My old xantia hdi90 went to the moon and back with regular changes.

I definitely wouldnt put engine flush through a turbo car, disturbing sludge will probably send it through the turbo, asking for trouble doing that. Can also damage turbo seals if its getting a bit worn.

Best way to flush is to put cheap oil in, run the engine for half an hr then drop it back out, refill with the good stuff. I only do this after major work or when i buy a car, no need to do it often.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best way to flush is to put cheap oil in, run the engine for half an hr then drop it back out, refill with the good stuff. I only do this after major work or when i buy a car, no need to do it often.
good advice there :)

my car seems to have been looked after and the oil changed often enough

i only asked as my gf does alot more stop start then me and her oils clean after a year. the service history on her car was a little hazzy as well

my car doesnt have a dpf. does anyone know what the service interval actually is

i have done just over 4000 miles in 6 months since the last change

·
Registered
227 Posts
good advice there :)

my car seems to have been looked after and the oil changed often enough

i only asked as my gf does alot more stop start then me and her oils clean after a year. the service history on her car was a little hazzy as well

my car doesnt have a dpf. does anyone know what the service interval actually is

i have done just over 4000 miles in 6 months since the last change
Diesel oil (ex. Amsoil HDD) can clean an engine without risk of blocking the oil galleries or the oil pickup mesh.

If your gf's car does lot's of stop starts, isn't warmed up properly etc, an oil change every 6 months is enough. Use a relatively cheaper oil instead and you are sorted.

·
Registered
90 Posts
oil change

you could buy high mileage engine oil for high mileage cars i had some myself a couple of years back when i owned a 306 with 110,000 miles on the clock, kept it ticking over beautifully but not sure if you can still get it now as ive never seen it in any autoshops.
gonna do a oil and filter change on mine when the weather picks up abit.
ive aleays used 10w40 in my engines and never had any trouble but might have to do a bit of digging to which oil to put in my 307 hdi 90, 02 plate.

·
Registered
399 Posts
you could buy high mileage engine oil for high mileage cars i had some myself a couple of years back when i owned a 306 with 110,000 miles on the clock, kept it ticking over beautifully but not sure if you can still get it now as ive never seen it in any autoshops.
gonna do a oil and filter change on mine when the weather picks up abit.
I've never heared of that! I think I will use the 10/40 magnatec as that's always been good in the cars I've had in the past, even made a smart car run good :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
oil

@willhenshaw
i must be showing my age.:lol:
the oil was recommended for high mileage engines so the label on the front claimed, cant remember the name of it:(
magnetec is whats in my car now i did a oil and filter change when i bought it nearly a year ago because the oil when i took out the dipstick was like tar even emptying the sump it looked like tar.:eek:
previous owner cant have had a change for god knows how long.:nono:

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have 3 cars between all the family. A 307 90bhp 2.0hd, a 1.6i 110bhp C4 and a 1.6hdi 110bhp C4. The 1.6hdi specifies a low SAPS or low sulphur C2 grade oil that is a fully synthetic one and a high spec, Total Ineo ECS oil. Off ebay this is £21.15 for 5litres. The specified mileage intervals in the handbooks say 12500 for the diesels and 20000 for the petrol. Since ECS is the same price as the semi synthetic 10/40 oils I now use it exclusively and do all the cars on about 9k intervals.
It works well for me and I get 4 oil changes out of 3 cans with no issues of mixing the oils up or having to stock several types.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I personally dont rate magnatec, it breaks down fast especially in petrols. I use mobil super 2000 10/40 diesel oil. Its a couple of quid dearer but seems to be miles better in my experience.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 31 Posts