Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi been told that the tappets need replacing on my 2004 plate 307 it's a 1.4 petrol, just don't want to get to the garage and get ripped off as iv already been ripped off when I brought the car ! Any one got an idea on a rough price please ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sound really bad like a tractor !! My dad who is good with cars (always fixed his own but pushing 65 now poor old boy lol) listened to the engine with a stethoscope said the noise is louder where the tappets are, I can also see that there is an oil leak to ! Was sold the car by a dealer just under a year ago 3 days after having it the engine started hunting, so I had it serviced even thou it had been serviced by them ! And guess what it was missing a pollen filter, missing an air pump (pumps air in to the engine) and had an oil leak !
Garage I brought it from looked like a nice place forecourt was spotless shame about their cars !!!

·
5,027 Posts
Right i'm gonna start digging a hole here and NO-OFFENCE is meant but judging by your username and description of problems your a ........................woman ?? Am i right

·
5,027 Posts
yea i thought so :lol:
so how bad is the oil leak ?? how often do you need to top up ?
Pollen filter isnt important it just filters the air coming into the car cabin (the bit you sit in)

Air pump closest thing i can think of is a Supercharger and you havnt got one of those.
Now to the rattle.............................. when was it serviced and what oil was used ( yes i know it was black and oily but what specification was it )

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok managed to get the garage to do the pollen and air filter they made me go halfs on the oil leak (remember the sump gasket being talked about) but when I looked at the engine with my dad the other day it looked a bit messy ? Like oil round the edges on the top bit where the case for the tappets are,
Oil levels are fine iv been keeping check on them and the oil came in a gray bottle lmao !!! Got the bottle in the car will have a quick look lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Air thing was a black box mounted on the bottom right hand side with a pipe going towards the back of the engine just to the right of it ??

D

·
0 Posts
The sumps do not usually leak on this engine. Although there is always a first. Oil leaks are near always the headgasket failed at that front left corner. It leaks oil all down the engine. I have also fitted oil filter housing seals. Which leak on occasion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

D

·
0 Posts
That looks like a rocker cover seal leaking. Those seals can be got seperately. Alternator is low down on the left looking in. In line with the oil filler cap for all the world.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 32 Posts