Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know I have 307 SW. My son has always liked the car and as his current car (Vectra B) was on it's last legs, I thought I would do him a favour and sort a replacement car for him.

I therefore managed to get a good deal on a 2002 307 SW 2.0 HDI 110 SE that had issues with DMF etc.

I have spent most of my spare time for the last couple of months sorting the car. To date I have spent about £550 on parts and have done the following

• DMF replaced with 90 BHP flywheel and new full Sachs clutch kit (inc drive shaft seal, new oil and sleeve)
  • Recon starter as pinion damaged
  • New Battery
  • New Handbrake cable
  • Rear Disks and Pads
  • Full Cam Belt Kit
  • Full service
  • New bottom pulley and Aux Belt.
  • DPF removed and delete/remap to 140 BHP.
The flywheel and DPF delete I know will be fine as I did the same to my 2.0 and it still runs fine 120K later with 230K+ on the clock

The car had new tyres and front discs/pads about 2000 miles before I got it

It is a seven seater with factory fit tow bar and has done just over 122K miles
has standard SE fitting such as climate, CD and electric windows, mirrors and trip computer.

There are a few scrapes and dinks (main one being a dent in rear of nearside sill), scuffed front bumper and alloys a bit tired.

It drives great and now is 100% mechanically and will have 13 month MOT, however Son has decided he does not want a Diesel !!!!!

How much do you think I can ask for it with all the work and money spent on it

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I paid just over £1000 for mine about 13 months ago but as you know it had its issues but you have had a clutch sorted which In my mind makes it worth more When you work out your price :D

try this facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/204236542943350/?fref=nf

?? how much was the clutch conversion for parts ? thinking mine could do with that done at clutch change time

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I would reckon you'll get up to £1000 for it. All the extra work you've done on it will help you sell it - and give the buyer some confidence - but won't have much impact upon the price you get unfortunately.

I'd probably get about £600 for mine.

That's the thing with cars - buyers will favour a newer plate over an older but well maintained vehicle.

·
5,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
287 Posts
jeez you are kidding me.

Had this have been up in febuary i probably would have bought this! since quite a few things on the list ive had done to mine and i paid £2k for my 90bhp 307 estate with 96k on the clock.

:/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts