Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

1.4hdi 307

i filled my tank , 57 litres of diesel in my 1.4hdi ( tank was virtually empty ) and with a mixture of town and motorway driving have done 570 miles .

just wondering what mileage ithers are getting as this seams low to me .

thank you

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really i think thats really low for 1.4hdi. my wifes 1.4 petrol punto is averaging 47 mpg and her driving is all town driving , very rarely getting in 5th gear .

R

·
0 Posts
i have a 1.4 hdi and can say i get better mpg round town and school runs ect then i do on motorway doing 75-80 ..i think its somthing to do with small engines having to rev higher to maintain a higher speed..school runs ect is about 4 mile round trip twice a day never use more than £20 a week..very pleased with it

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi

1.4hdi 307

i filled my tank , 57 litres of diesel in my 1.4hdi ( tank was virtually empty ) and with a mixture of town and motorway driving have done 570 miles .

just wondering what mileage ithers are getting as this seams low to me .

thank you
Can I ask how many litres it took to fill the tank after the 570 miles?
As I read your post, you put 57 litres in, then drove 570 miles.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Dont get too Anal about MPG , because you are never going to get what the Goverment, Maufactures , Road Testers & Magazines tell you you are going to get . In fact you are not going to get what you think you think you just got !!In fact just drive slow & piss off the rest of the county who are following you . Driving economically just isnt fun ...its effing sad !!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my sister had a 1.4 hdi a couple of years ago , she was getting over 55mpg . thats why im thinking my mpg is low

·
Registered
119 Posts
I make it that youve done 45mpg, rather than 43...

570/57=10 miles/litre

10* 4.5 (litres per gallon) = 45 MPG.

Unless I'm missing something.

Anyway this is about what I get in my 2.0 110 HDI, and my commute is heavy on the throttle. I don't think your figure is bad, you've got a small engine in a big car - its going to have to work hard. It would perform far more economically in its Peugeot 206 counterpart.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I make it that youve done 45mpg, rather than 43...

570/57=10 miles/litre

10* 4.5 (litres per gallon) = 45 MPG.

Unless I'm missing something.

Anyway this is about what I get in my 2.0 110 HDI, and my commute is heavy on the throttle. I don't think your figure is bad, you've got a small engine in a big car - its going to have to work hard. It would perform far more economically in its Peugeot 206 counterpart.
My mistake ,out of memory I tought it was 4.3 l/g.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what your saying makes sense as i have to rev the bum off it to get it going and up hills is even worse .

J

·
0 Posts
I don't think your figure is bad, you've got a small engine in a big car - its going to have to work hard. It would perform far more economically in its Peugeot 206 counterpart.
Spot on... the 207 with the 1.4HDI engine will easily average 53-56mpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
The best i can eek out of mine is 56mg - that`s on a long run mostly A roads driving at a modest 65mph and changing up at about 2200-2400 `ish rpm and trying really hard just to see what it`ll do t`gallon.
Bit dissapointing really, as i`ve read other cars such as Fiesta`s will do 70mpg all day long....

Oh yeah, and mine has developed (another) rather serious water leak in the last coupla` days, so i`ll be fannying around with it ((again) tomorrow....

·
Registered
873 Posts
I was getting in the high 40s with my 02 307 1.4hdi, Ive bought a 04 307 1.4hdi and I am getting 53mpg.

Ive changed all filters and they were seriously dirty, did an oil change aswel so might get a bit more.

I remember on my first 307 when I changed to the k&n filter i got an extra 30 miles to a full tank.

I got 700 miles to my full tank, full tank i believe is 13.2 gallons so thats dead on 53mpg, that right yeah...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the most ive had out of my 1.4 hdi is 47 and thats with driving like a granny and changing gear at about 2500rpm.

im wondering if my maf is not working correct , ive had it on pp no fault codes but on live data the measured air flow is way above the air flow setting ,

at 2000 rpm with no load my measured air flow was 412 and at bottom is say should be 211.

its the same at when driving all measured air flow and air flow setting are way off each other

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I went down to London and back an mpg worked out at 47 mpg for the trip and I never went above 75mph. That's why I'm thinking somethings not quiet right with mine .

1 - 20 of 34 Posts