Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it varies on what speeds you drive etc.

But I have just been driving in local roads with speed limits of 30mph, and currently have half a tank left.

So far a half tank has given me 85miles.

does this sound normal or is something wrong?

How do you normally drive, and how many miles is a full tank giving you on average?

It is a Peugeot 207 1.4l Petrol 2008 if that helps.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
stop and starting will increase the fuel used, depends what gear used and revs you drive too before changing gear.

I got a gti, running 280bhp but get 104 miles to a 1/4 of a tank, never fill up as ur just carrying extra weight around!

that's 104 miles on motorway driving and in and around town I would say get 70 miles for 1/4 of a tank.

·
Registered
202 Posts
What actual and average m.p.g. is the display giving?
I generally get about 42m.p.g on average with a mix of driving conditions in my 1.4 petrol.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'll bet no two people would get identical distances from a full tank, or one person get identical miles from consecutive tankfuls either.
There is no real answer to your question I'm afraid.

Roger.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I'll bet no two people would get identical distances from a full tank, or one person get identical miles from consecutive tankfuls either.

Roger.
bit like asking how long is a piece of string

I just fill my car up when it gets just under quarter tank with no real regard for what miles it has done

smaller engine cars are not the most fuel efficient cars

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like my 206 at the moment, done 69.8 miles and I'm one notch above half.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Roger.
True, but if we get enough data points, then it should be easier to know what's normal and what's excessive!
I log my mileage on fuelly.com and there's plenty of other people adding to the statistics. There's some really heavy-footed people out there :)

My average for the 206 1.4 petrol is 42 mpg.

Nplima

1 - 11 of 11 Posts