Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 1.2 PureTech Allure petrol 2018 and looks like I'll get around 300 miles for a full tank of Shell petrol. Just wondering how many miles other people are getting, I know it depends a lot on if you're driving in town or on motorways but on average what do you get out of a full tank?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I go from full tank,second click on pump handle down to 1/4 on gauge and then refill by the same method.
43/45mpg consistent on rural 54/57 motorway only.
I find this more accurate.
This is basically keeping to speed limits and no mad rush.
2015 1.2 allure 130

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I get around 330 miles from full to the needle first gets level with the red zone, then I brim the tank again.

Climate control on all the time & I don't hang about, mainly around town driving.

FWIW I get much better average MPG from the Puretech 130 powered 308 then I used to from my TU3 powered 206.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Averaging about 40mpg with lots of short journeys . Getting 50-60 mpg on a run.

Diesel is on the way out and restrictions to drive round town will be the normal or you have to pay! London have started the Ultra Low emission zones

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone

petrol cars and vans that do not meet Euro 4 standards (roughly the equivalent to not being more than fifteen years old for cars in 2021)

diesel cars and vans that do not meet Euro 6 standards (roughly the equivalent to not being more than six years old for cars in 2021).

The Mayor of London has plans to extend the ULEZ boundary in October 2021 to the North and South Circular roads.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In theory, I could get 800km on a tank of petrol if I ran it to the last drop and stayed off the autobahn and autoroutes.

In mixed driving it's easy for me to get 650km (400 mls), usually averaging in the low to mid 6s l/100km.

Happy I put in the extra effort to pick up a petrol, no regrets.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’m not exactly impressed with mine I would expect less on average and I’m really trying to drive economically.. (most of the time..)
According to MyPeugeot app my average is: 6.9 l/100km – 40.9mpg
My best was on a trip across Europe, 90% motorway only over 1031 miles: 5,47 l/100km - 51,64mpg 2people and car loaded up to roof.. part of the trip on Germany motorway driving 150-190km/h – 90-118mph (Fuelio app)
But Im definitely impressed with how much you can squeeze out from this small engine and its turbo
1.2l three cylinders Pure-Tech Allure 110

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mixed driving I get around 400 miles from a full tank (46-48MPG) if i'm doing all motorway driving I can get around 500 miles (50-52MPG)

That's from the 1.2 82BHP Access edition.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
My 308 is reporting back its averaging 43 MPG, most journeys are 10 ish miles mostly around town with stop / start in use - 1.2 Puretech 130.

·
Registered
35 Posts
308SW GtLine 1.2 PureTech I have had the car about 4 months now. 2,000 miles. I do a lot of local town driving and getting 40mpg. On a run combined motorway I an getting 50-52 mpg and had upto 60mpg just on motorway.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My goodness, you poor petrol users. I get around 650 miles from a tank of diesel!
Diesel models can have a much larger fuel tank than petrol models.

My 307's & 308 held 60l of fuel whereas my petrol 2008 only holds 50l. At just 40mpg this would give approx 88 miles more per tank.

Yes I know the OP is looking for ball park numbers but answers to questions like 'how many miles per tank' are only useful if it's the same model with the same engine and even then different journey's, driving styles and different loads will come into the equation. Someone driving the same route with a similar driving style but carrying passengers will get less mpg than someone who has no passengers.

Lots of other things also affect the fuel economy. My car returns better mpg figures one year on at 40k miles than it did when I bought it with just 23k on the clock. Neglecting the car by not getting oil & filter changes, not replacing badly contaminated air filters will also have an effect on fuel economy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After a few tank fills since purchase I would say on average I get around 400 miles on a full tank of Shell petrol. This is a mixture of motorway and town driving.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts