Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

First post so please be gentle ...

I ordered a 3008 GT exactly 8 weeks ago from Robins & Day, during which time I have received absolutely no correspondence from them. I have asked a couple of times when the car will be built/delivered but to date I haven't received anything.

So my question is this: how long should it take a dealer to confirm this information? Although I am really keen on getting a 3008, I'm starting to lose a bit of patience with the dealer and am considering cancelling the order. It is also taking the shine off of ordering a new car since I am having to do all the running!

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hi Filth, welcome to the forum :)

Depending on what you order depends on delivery. If you take a look at this thread

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...mated-delivery-actual-delivery-thread-252201/

you should be able to glean any info about delivery times. My wife's took 12 weeks but that wasn't a GT.

If you've waited 8 weeks already you're well on the way now. I would think you should have your car in the next few weeks. Keep the faith, it'll be worth it in the end!

As for R & D, just keep stamping your feet and make a nuisance of your self. Don't let them put you off!

Grumpy.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Bulk standard GT with no add ons are being quoted at 3 weeks on the Peugeot web site.
Bolt on some extras and it jumps to 11 weeks. So going on that, you should have something within the next 3 weeks.

Grumpy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Grumpy!

It is just the standard GT which I have ordered, with no extras. From reading the forums, I know that there have been supply problems with the GT which seem to be getting better. To be honest, I don't mind waiting but it is the complete lack of correspondence from the dealer which is frustrating me.

I'm a big boy so I can cope with being told that it is going to take a few weeks ... :lol:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
For a standard GT then, I'm not sure why you are waiting?
As I said Filthy, walk into R & D and through yourself on the floor and have a tantrum.
I think it's terrible how these dealers treat people after you've just agreed to give them £30,000+ Especial bearing in mind R & D are actually wholey owned by PSA Group.

Good luck!

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
How very different dealers really can be, including R&D!

My GT 180 is standard other than Sunset Copper metallic. My local R&D were very good indeed, immediately locating a suitable car, brand new and sitting in national stock. A week or two later, and a specially arranged transporter, I took delivery. Well worth the wait.

As has been said, R&D should actually be able to give you more information than most dealers on what is happening. Some just can't be bothered,

Try to get a build date (week number if necessary) as lead times are improving it seems. Push them for a VIN number, which will confirm it's actually been built. If you PM me the VIN, I can check the build date and characteristics from Peugeots Servicebox system, which confirms what the car has actually been fitted with, down to component level/trim etc.

I agonised for two weeks, so I can only imagine what it must be like for some early orders, which have been taking six months or more!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I wanted and received every few days, an update on what was happening. Eight weeks with no communication is terrible. Just a call to say no news, but still progressing is acceptable. Perhaps they might like to wait eight weeks to receive the money for the car - umm maybe not !

Keep pushing. If in any doubt, don't hesitate to find out who the dealer principal is and contact them. Every dealership has one.

Is your R&D dealer located in the London area by any chance?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ordered my GT on the 15th March and didn't hear anything from my dealer for at least 3 months. I obviously contacted them in this time but they didn't have any updates. Only after contacting Peugeot management did I get a build date and guess what... this date came and went. I then received another build date from my dealer which once again didn't happen. I now have my third build date which is this Wednesday 23rd August... we shall see!! The only options that I added were Visio park 2 and metallic paint.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That?s the same date I ordered my GT, (only added tow bar to options)
I was told roughly July with an aug delivery, car was built on 24th July, delivered to dealers on 14th Aug, and collected on 16th

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hi filthycelt, I ordered my GT in January and was in exactly the same position as you, no contact from the dealer and when I contacted them, was told they didn't have any information from Peugeot to give me. Like you, I did not mind the wait but I wanted a date to look forward to.

In fact this is the reason I joined the forum and I think after about four weeks of placing the order I was sending e-mails to the MD of Peugeot UK, not to complain about delays but about the lack of information.

If, as has been suggested by Grumpy, the web is quoting 11 weeks, your wait shouldn't be much longer. At one stage the web was showing around 24 weeks for the delivery of GTs, I was quoted 12 weeks by the dealer and the car finally arrived after 15 weeks.

If you search the forum you should find some names to contact at Peugeot if you so wish and also some advice about the right to cancel and have the deposit returned. From memory 8 weeks is a bit too soon to expect the return of the deposit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts