Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered how long it takes your 3008 to start registering any change of coolant temperature on these cold mornings. I noticed this morning that after approx 3 miles it hadn't even reached the first bar (50C marker) which I thought was a bit odd, I tapped the top of the dashboard and the first bar on the gauge lit up. Coincidence??? Mechanical gauges might stick, but I'm not sure how tapping the dashboard would make a digital display start registering.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Morning Lee,

It used to be that the thermostat used to stay closed until such time the coolant temp had got to a certain temperature. This would make the coolant circulate round the engine before being let out into the wider system. This maybe why the display isn't registering anything for a while. I don't now where the sensor is on these cars these days.

Grumpy

·
Registered
848 Posts
I went to town and back, 5 miles, and mine only just started to register when I got home. Was the coldest day so far though.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Mine also takes a while to start showing the temperature, but this is normal I think, engines are more efficient these days.

Tapping on the digital instrument cluster is pure coincidence though :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes 2 to 3 miles before the gauge moves - engines are far more efficient now so warm up a little slower

1 - 6 of 6 Posts