Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at getting a 307 for my missus

saw one i liked the look of. checked insurance

my car is a 307 glx hdi 90bhp 2001. insurance is £857

the car were looking at is a 307 rapier hdi 90bhp 2003 insurance is £670

surely there the same car. what makes it such a big gap

this is with exactly the same details and the same insurance company quote me happy.com

any ideas. are they different insurance groups even though its the same car

·
Registered
424 Posts
only thing I can think of is little things like level of equipment, no. of doors etc but nothing that would make that much difference surely?

although it maybe depends on the number of claims made previously by people specific to each model? (i.e. by this theory I mean it will be more expensive to insure a popular model that is involved statistically in more claims) - although I have no idea

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what makes it top of the range? i know someone with a rapier and it has folding mirrors alloys and everything which mine doesnt have

parkers say there both insurance group 12 so cant be that much different

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have just done a quote on a rapier. one a car reg and one selecting the car manually

the difference is 100 on exactly the same car. now im even more confused

·
11,791 Posts
GLX has front armrests, lumbar support, all round electric windows, ABS, ESP, all round discs, alarm, radio and 5 CD changer, power mirrors, steering wheel reach adjust, aircon and climate control, front driving lamps. That's just off the top of my head.

The 51 plate Rapier I looked at was very basic, it certainly didn't have folding mirrors, aircon, CD player, armrests, steering wheel reach, all round electric windows.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine doesnt have esp. electric mirrors, steering wheel reach adjust, climate control etc

maybe its cause mines a 90hp which is shitty as im paying for it

·
Registered
394 Posts
Some trim levels are less comman, so cheaper. My 1.6 HDi 110 estate is group 14
Cost = £989
2.0 HDi 90 LX Estate cost = £2780!!!!!!!!!

WTF?!? My 1.6 would smoke the 2.0 90, even the 110 so why the difference?

Mine was also less than the hatch or SW in 1.6 90bhp trim, but I suppose the normal estate is less comman. I'm still the same risk on the road regardless of weather my car has a glass roof or not though :nono:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a 2002 1.6 Rapier.
It has discs all round, 16 inch alloys, air con, electric windows (front only) and electric mirrors (not folding though). It doesn't have the arm rests or climate control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts