Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post for my "new" car. I have a 60 plate 207 SW 1.6HDi (92).
I notice that when starting from cold the temerature gauge seems to take an age to register any movement and then can take up to 20 mins to get to "normal" temp. That seems a long time to me. I queried this with the garage and was told that he checked it on the "computer" (I assume he means PP) and it shows no faults!! I know that there is a school of thought that deisels take longer to heat up (ironic eh!) but I have had deisels for years now and this is by far the worst. At a steady 50mph on the dual carrageway it takes about 10-15 mins to heat up fully and shows no movement on the gauge for the first 5 mins. My Golf would be at full temp in the first 5 mins! Also the temperature (on the gauge) seems to fluctuate a bit between 70 and 85 while all my previous cars sit rock steady at around 90.
Anyone got any comments on 1. warm up time or 2. "Normal" gauge temp when fully warm?

P.S. Anyone near Prestwick with PP and a Lexia3 that could switch on my cruise control?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah mine takes 10-15 mins driving to get to normal temp always has, these engines don't sit at 90 either about 80 degrees is normal

·
Registered
202 Posts
My trusty old 206sw 1.6 diesel took an age to warm up,my 207 petrol is very quick,suppose it,s a diesel thing like you say.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a 61 plate 207 1.6 HDI and it takes ages to warm up. It reaches normal operating temperature after about 15 to 20 minutes around town or about 10 to 15 minutes on the dual carriageway. I think your car is fine judging by my own experience. A friend has a petrol 207 and that warms up very much quicker.......within 5 minutes on a cold start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 1.4 8v take about 15 mins to start warming up and then sits steady at 90° also my oil level starts to move about 20 mins, car seems fine and I can get Luke warm heat from the blower within 5mins

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
When you have a little free time open the bonnet and start the engine from sitting overnight!). The radiator shouldn't start to get hot until the temperature gauge is approaching its normal reading. If it gets warm straight away the thermostat is opening too early, or is stuck open.
If you don't want to go to that trouble, if the heater starts blowing hot after a few minutes you probably don't have much to worry about.

Roger.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Still looking for someone with PP and a Lexia to swtich on my cruise.
Happy Daze!
I have 3 or 4 sites that I work at in Glasgow and Edinburgh. I know its hardly next door but if you PM me, ill give you a shout when im next up there. Could be tomorrow, could be 6 months. But if you still need it...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Paul,
I had a "Brake System Faulty" warning pop up on dash and the Dealer (under warranty) plugged in his PPS to query the fault. Turned out to be the brake pedal switch but as I had already fitted the control stalk I asked if he could switch on the cruise and speed limiter while he was in there - and he did - no charge. So now cruise and speed limiter working. Shame the clutch pedal is now stuck on the floor!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A 60 plate is 2010 Second Half old car not new one now if it was a 64 plate it would have been a 208 model.

Now I have change over my old 207 for a new 15 plate 2008 Allure the best move I made.
It's my "new" car but it's not a new one and it's not a 64 plate!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts