Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While visiting my dealership last week I noticed that they had a car parked outside the showroom door completely covered is a black cloth. I asked what was going on and was told that they celebrate their customers becoming new owners. Apparently when collecting your car, whether it's brand spanking or not, the customer has their photo taken while unveiling their car.

Even though Ive had many new cars of various makes in the 41years I've been driving, I've never experienced this and I was wondering if this is a Peugeot thing or just something the dealer does. I've heard of people having flowers and chocolates given to them but I've never been that lucky.

I will have to wait until Tuesday to see what happens but I'm interested to hear if any of you received any special treatment when picking up your brand new 3008s

· Registered
1,423 Posts
If my dealer covered their cars with black cloth I would strongly suspect it was to prevent the customer from seeing the dents in the body caused by the ediots in their service department. The best I've ever had is a key ring, and this time I got nothing at all.

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If my dealer covered their cars with black cloth I would strongly suspect it was to prevent the customer from seeing the dents in the body caused by the ediots in their service department. The best I've ever had is a key ring, and this time I got nothing at all.
Oh dear, Lee. That's disappointing.

I've managed to get plastic key rings in the past and sometimes cloth mats but that's it. I priced up rubber mats for my car and they quoted me £57ish inc VAT so I asked if they could let me have them any cheaper. I've actually had them for £20 as they give every customer a free set of cloth mats costing £30 but as I wanted the more expensive option, rubber ones, they'll let me have them if I pay £20. Decisions Decisions.... do I pay £50+ from elsewhere or pay £20 off them. No contest

· Registered
204 Posts
A new 2008 had a huge ribbon and bow on it when I was at my dealers the other week!

Most my previous cars have not even come with a full tank of fuel....!

Wouldn't want a ribbon on mine, will let you know if anything extra on Monday!

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A new 2008 had a huge ribbon and bow on it when I was at my dealers the other week!

Most my previous cars have not even come with a full tank of fuel....!

Wouldn't want a ribbon on mine, will let you know if anything extra on Monday![/QUOTE

Please do.

I don't think I've been given a full tank of fuel for many years JM, and I would definitely not be too bothered about a huge ribbon and a bow. Perhaps it's only the luxury marquees that get the chocs and flowers.

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went to a mazda dealer with my wifes friend to pick up her new car the salesman handed her the key and said its out in the car park :)
Impressive! My stepdad bought a car from one of the well known car supermarkets and had to stop on the way home when it started to rain. He needed to put his lights on and they hadn't shown him where they were.

· Registered
77 Posts
Hidden surprises or free extras?

I wonder if they will try to help me celebrate with a free sunroof too. Or maybe the black cloth trick is to hide any unwanted surprises! I hope not! (I get my car from same dealer as Gill - bassetlady)

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wonder if they will try to help me celebrate with a free sunroof too. Or maybe the black cloth trick is to hide any unwanted surprises! I hope not! (I get my car from same dealer as Gill - bassetlady)
I think you'll be quite safe Iboo as I'm sure if that's the way they work they'd have hidden mine under a black cloth. I shall be more interested to know if they intend learning anything from my misfortune - i.e. if they've got a car in their compound that has already been sold, registered and is just waiting for collection then make sure it is kept safe. The people trusted to valet my car were told to take it out of the compound on Friday, clean it and put it in the workshop over the Easter Hols, ready for me to pick up yesterday but as it was nearing 5pm they just couldn't be bothered (even though they could have left the cleaning until Tuesday morning).

I hope for their sake they keep a very low profile over the next week or so as I'm not a happy bunny.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.