Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I start it in neutral without touching the clutch waiting for the dash to do it's thing and than starting the engine, while my m8 starts it in first with the clutch engaged? Who's wrong and how do you do it?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I start it in neutral without touching the clutch waiting for the dash to do it's thing and than starting the engine, while my m8 starts it in first with the clutch engaged? Who's wrong and how do you do it?
I makes no difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there has been some occasions, where I had to pump the gas when starting or it wouldn't start, is battery the problem or smt else, mainly after re-fulling (gasoline)?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
First point, starting with the clutch depressed or not is really choice but first always ensure the gearbox is in neutral would be my advice .But in my VW Tiguan you have to press the clutch to engage the starting system which is a failsafe against starting it in gear so from that perspective you could say depressing the clutch is best. As regards poor starting it would be good practice to have the battery load tested as opposed to just checking its voltage level. The load test shows what energy the battery has(amperage) which is what gives the torque to spin the starter fast enough for the plugs to ignite.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts