Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi have a couple of problems with my 2008 207sw 1.6 diesel I need to access my fuel filter for one which appears to need the battery out to do it and some charge problems I would like to check the earth leads. But how do I get this stupid hunk of black plastic off the damn battery?
I can’t just pull it off. It has no screws buttons or clips. I can rebuild an engine from the ground up but can’t get this bit of plastic off my car
Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
On the 58 reg 207SW 1.6HDi I used to own it was possible to change the fuel filter without removing the battery, there was just enough room. Can't help with the other problem though, sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I remove this battry box?

Thanks mooi1UK I can’t actually see the filter at the moment. When my fuel ran low twice it stopped show the anti pollution fault shows for a couple of days and fresh fuel has allowed a re start and refuelling as soon as the light came on has allowed about 5000 km problem free. It was never running empty showing over 100km range but it went again last week with quarter tank left. Always on a hill or incline bend. Without computers I’d have always looked at fuel flow first so that’s where I am. I reckon water in filter or dirt is my first call I just filled up so draining tank is out for a good few miles.

·
Registered
648 Posts
You will probably need to remove the windscreen scuttle after undoing and putting to one side the brake fluid reservoir. The battery cover then just pulls up with a bit of force. You will also need to remove the air intake ducting as the filter is at the back under that (try that first before removing the battery - will be too tight probably).

·
11,843 Posts
You need to remove the air filter housing.

Then it just comes up and towards you.

This should be documented in the Haynes manual.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just for clarification, is this a 207 or a 307 as you've posted in the 307 forum? Not that it make much difference, still need to remove the scuttle and cross-member from under the windscreen to get the battery cover off.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Just for clarification, is this a 207 or a 307 as you've posted in the 307 forum? Not that it make much difference, still need to remove the scuttle and cross-member from under the windscreen to get the battery cover off.
Good point, I answered assuming it was a 207 SW but I don't remember having to remove parts on my 207 SW to access the fuel filter, so maybe it is a 307 :confused:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mine's definitel6y a 307, I can't vouch for the OP. I didn't notice the 207 reference until you mentioned it. It seems a heck of a faff just to change the battery. Perhaps I'll get Halfords to do it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tanks everyone. Yes 307sw I’m having another go today. The only description, photos or videos I could find on YouTube or in the Haynes was for another type of cover that snapped off with a little tug. There’s a photo in Haynes of the removed cover in my version but it just says “Remove cover” I thought I was being clever with the 307 because unlike some of the smaller Pugs you can actually access the light bulbs through the bonnet but it looks like you need to cut the roof off to access the battery. I wish I didn’t love the car. It’s massive inside for the external dimensions the boot space is brilliant for the dog and I get huge mpg on a gentle run and 40mpg plus around town. And unlike my Volvo and seats when it says 69mpg on the computer and I do the maths when I buy more fuel. It’s pretty accurate too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts