Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks
car has lost lot of water and I think its coming from the lower heater hose ( feels like is failed at where the connector is glued to end of rubber hose)

sorry if its easy to answer, but being an oldie, my brain just scrambles when things come out of the blue

thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
test by giving it a jiggle with a warm/ hot engine, but check its not leaking at the header tank seam and running down.

If its a vti your best remove the header tank, from memory its one bolt then squeeze the side clip.
The bottom hose has a circlip on it so you need to pull this out then the hose will pull off.
What i did was get a packet of mixed flat rubber washers from bq as our leak was from pipe to header.Found one that sat nice and put it back together. Been fine for five years or so now.

sorry if you ment heater matrix hose then i have not done one on a peugeot, and if rad hose that should be easy enough.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the heater matrix hose
managed to remove it, it has a preformed angled head that attaches to the heater outlets
I cant see any splits on the hose, there was a lot of damp/water around the angle of the preformed head, even as rest had dried in the sun, that bit was still damp
ordered one for main dealer, so hopefully its the problem

when I was checking I couldn't feel/see any coolent above the pipe, I felt damp on the pipe and the brakepipes that sit below the heater pipe were covered in coolant

1 - 3 of 3 Posts